Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just browsing around that GM goodwrench site and came across some exterior modifications for the G6 offered by GM. It seems they have a ground effects kit and a flushmount spoiler for the coupe. Only problem is, the pic of the ground effects is tiny and I can't even see if there is a kit on it at all. Anybody else know what this thing looks like? It costs around $1250 painted. The spoiler is pretty nice, but kinda expensive for what you're getting.

Here's the link ~ clicky

Mike

·
Registered
314 Posts
I wish I could see the spoiler picture in greater detail.

But then again, I feel the spoiler should be mandatory on the coupes, as it looks awkward without it, I think.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I really say it depends on the color.

The colors I've seen represented that look good without a spoiler are black and gray.

That's about it.

I wish it would be a factory option, at least...all my friends say the back end is lacking something, and that'd bei t.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got a Pontiac brochure in the mail today. Here's a bigger pic of that body kit. Nothing drastic, just a simple valence add-on. Not worth the $1000+ they want for it.

Mike

·
Registered
169 Posts
GTPGuy82 said:
I got a Pontiac brochure in the mail today. Here's a bigger pic of that body kit. Nothing drastic, just a simple valence add-on. Not worth the $1000+ they want for it.

Mike
Close examination shows what appear to be subtle changes in the contour of the rocker panel. It is likely the kit includes bolt-on rocker covers and a rear valence.

GM likes to price things a little high, but they're not dumb enough to charge $900 for a single valence.

·
Designed For Action
509 Posts
GTPGuy82 said:
I think it looks sophisticated and classy without the spoiler, more like that luxury look. That's just me.

Mike
I agree! ;)

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yea the front valence is a little plain in that it doesn't go around the foglights. It looks like it comes out a little farther on both sides though, then comes back in towards the middle. The side valences are a little more stylish than say, the Razzi ones because they seem to go upwards near the fender well there. Still not worth the money. Although it is stated in the brochure that GM accessories like this one will increase the value of the car.

Mike

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys... A GTP owner here, although not a G6. I came to this forum hoping to find a picture of a G6 with this kit, but to my surprise... none. If I actually owned a G6, I would've definitely slapped one on.

Here's a couple of pictures of the kit on the G6 from the SEMA show:

Allen K
2000 Grand Prix GTP

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ne one know a good website where I can get the following...headlight and taillight covers, hid conversion kit 6000K - 10000K? Other minor accessories.........?

·
Registered
916 Posts
I saw that in the past but i didnt think that it was the same kit but i like it
that darn razzi if only the sides where more lined up with the front bumper it would be such an easy choice i can see why your looking for opinions!.... U should tell gm to give the kit to you for free for promoting the G6 in there magazine!

·
Registered
66 Posts
In Mike's picture from the brochure it looks like that car has vent shades on the front and back windows. Is that part of the the ground effects package or is that just another add-on. On the sedans there is a small window that doesn't go down, do the shades cover that little window too? It would seem awkward looking if it didn't. What's everyone's general opinion on vent shades??

1 - 17 of 17 Posts