Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a long drawn out battle over the steering lock up. GM has made an offer to buy back my G6 for what I paid for it. Which was $26,790.00. So now I have to go to the dealership and pick out another GM product. Any ideas?? Should I get a GTP?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Carissa249 said:
After a long drawn out battle over the steering lock up. GM has made an offer to buy back my G6 for what I paid for it. Which was $26,790.00. So now I have to go to the dealership and pick out another GM product. Any ideas?? Should I get a GTP?

Congratulations!! May as well go for something better, with the red tag sale and all. I'd personally go for a Grand Prix, Bonneville, or a GTP G6. Just my thoughts, but go with your instinct! Good Luck!! :)

·
Registered
316 Posts
Here's what you need to think about:

Was the G6 big enough for you? Did you enjoy the car enough when it wasn't giving you problems?

Also, are you willing to sacrifice gas milage, as the GTP doesn't get as good of gas, no matter how you look at it.

I know you had a rough time with GM, but I think you should give them another shot.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Subtle_Cynicism said:
Here's what you need to think about:

Was the G6 big enough for you? Did you enjoy the car enough when it wasn't giving you problems?

Also, are you willing to sacrifice gas milage, as the GTP doesn't get as good of gas, no matter how you look at it.

I know you had a rough time with GM, but I think you should give them another shot.
do you concur?

i concur!

all excellent things to consider! if you can live with the gas mileage, and can afford it, get the GTP!!!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Congratulations. I know this has been a major "thorn in your side". Good luck with whatever comes next...you know, I haven't heard anyone having problems with the 06s...<ducking and running>

·
Registered
113 Posts
gratz, yeah as mentioned in previous posts the big thing is how did the G6 fit in with your life and what you wanted it for. I had traded an 04 GP GTP for my G6, I really liked that car but mileage was bad, had to use premium because of the supercharger and the payments were killing me. When I traded I had to get an extra year on financing but I made the right choice because of all the costs involved. Coincidentally the G6 sedan has about as much interior room as the GP, the overall length of the Prix is where they don't compare.

Honestly after looking at the G6 coupes I wish I had waited a couple more months and tried to trade on one of them, but the Prix was killing me so I HAD to trade when I did. I've been a Pontiac guy most of my life but I kind of like the look of the Chevrolet HHR as well-- but nah, gimme another Pontiac. Don't be afraid if you like the brand, I also had owned an 85 Fiero :doh: but I came back to Pontiac again once I decided to trade that lemon. ( it would just die for no reason while driving down the interstate ) they never did figure that one out either.

·
Registered
423 Posts
COOL BEANS, CARISSA!!!! :glasses3:

if i were in YOUR shoes, first i would get bigger shoes (i doubt you and i wear the same size and my feet would be hurting from all the walking of lots looking for 'Mr Goodcar'!!!) and second i would pick me out the sweetest 2006 GTP 6sp i could find. i prefer the sedan myself because i'm an old fart and unfortunately practical. but if the COUPE can fill your needs, then go for it!!!

a word of advice; stay away from the Panaramic Roof.......you've seen the posts on these, right? just stick with the regular power moonroof. i have had NO POBLEMS with mine (knock on wood!!) and i would strongly recommend the heated leather seats. primo!!! i just ran this exact same senario on my local dealers 'build me a pontiac' thing and with the 'red tag' discount it came in UNDER $24K!!! thats $4k LESS than my '05 GT listed for!

again, just my thought on what "I" would do.......

kevin

p.s. great job, carissa!!!! i;m very proud of you and the way you handled a really BAD situation. hey, the little guy CAN win! :D

·
Registered
532 Posts
Good Job! I know personally I don't have time nor the patience to deal with them as much as you have. I usually skip the BS and go for the throat. Unfornately that doesn't work in the consumers favor EVER.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Carissa249 said:
Well i picked out the new car!!!! 2006 Grand Prix GXP...I LOVE IT!!!!! Cant wait to pick it up!
Awesome!! Remind me not to race you! :bolt: Be careful with that torque steer, I can only imagine what it would be like on a GP GXP. I've almost 'lost' the GTP a couple times taking off with the wheels turned.

That is great, I'm very glad you didn't get in to them. What color is it? Pics!! Now. :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
It finally happened

I have been keeping up with reading the posts, i own a 2005 GT and i wrecked it today. I need some advice on what to do now, i was leaving work when my wheel locked up in the middle of a turn, needless to say my car is now sitting on three wheels. the top control arm snapped right off along with the axle and brake line. I need some advice on what to do, i definetly do not wanna drive this death trap anymore. Who know what might have happened if i was going faster, i was only going 5mph. The fender was sitting on the tire, it caused damage to the fender, hood, pillar, and my door won't open, please help guys. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Twisted_Heat said:
I have been keeping up with reading the posts, i own a 2005 GT and i wrecked it today. I need some advice on what to do now, i was leaving work when my wheel locked up in the middle of a turn, needless to say my car is now sitting on three wheels. the top control arm snapped right off along with the axle and brake line. I need some advice on what to do, i definetly do not wanna drive this death trap anymore. Who know what might have happened if i was going faster, i was only going 5mph. The fender was sitting on the tire, it caused damage to the fender, hood, pillar, and my door won't open, please help guys. Thanks in advance.
WELL, HERE WE GO!!! it was only a matter of time until someone else actually damaged their car. glad you were only going 5MPH when it happened and that you are 'ok'!!! have you experienced this before or is this a 'first time' for you?

obviously, your first call should have been to your Insurance Agent or Company. their priority should be to get you back on the road again as quickly as possible. also, get a copy of the Police Report. may come in handy later.

as for your first step in getting some assistance from GM, i would start the complaint process with a call to the Pontiac Customer Assistance Center (800-762-2737/M-F 8A-11P EST) and get it on record. they will open a file and provide you with a case number. after that, its up to you; Attorney? Better Business Bureau? apparently the BBB is the way to go, as it certainly worked out in Carissa's favor.

good luck and keep us posted!!!!!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts