Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Subtle_Cynicism said:
That's a lot of recalls for one car...Makes me uneasy.
looks to me that there are 2 'SAFETY RECALLS' and 3 'GENERAL RECALLS'.

doesn't seem like alot to me. the rest that are listed are 'TSB's, Technical Service Bulletins....basically tips on how technicians should approach a repair should they come across one of these situations. this doesn't mean evey G6 out there will have these problems. only that these problems have been reported, documented and investigated by GM and that they came up with this solution for that particular repair.

still, i really see nothing on the "steering wheel locking" that would DEFINITELY be a safety issue. (see my thread on my recent trip) :eek:

·
Registered
168 Posts
I agree.

I don't see what the fuss is. Two "safety" recalls, which are for minor things, mainly, a freakin typo in the owner's manual.

The three "general" recalls are nothing to worry about either. And as was said, a TSB is simply a repair guideline should the issue arise.

Still waiting for proof GM is selling us death traps...

And I don't know why people would have issues with the steering...as has been discussed in the other thread...and as I have tested myself today...the power steering system can fail, but the wheel can STILL be controlled. It's a bit tighter then it would be with hydraulic P/S...but there's no reason I can see that anyone shouldn't be able to safely control the car if the system failed...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No it can NOT be controlled!!! It locks up! Its not as if you lose power steering...I mean it locks and you cant budge it until it decides to let loose!

·
Registered
532 Posts
The steering components are not 'Failing' they are still functional or the wheel wouldnt be locked up. They are getting stuck or shorting out maybe.. we understand if it fails you can still steer. Obviously thats not happening.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts