Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at buying a 2005 G6 GT, it has 100.050 miles on it. They are asking for $7,900, but the sun roof doesn't work so they are dropping to $7,400. The body is in great shape and the engine is very clean. This will be my first car so I'm very excited and I really want a Pontiac. Thanks!

·
Legend
782 Posts
I'd say offer them 7. Say the sunroof is a really expensive fix that you looked it up. And the high mileage. But that sounds like a decent deal.

Sent from my Desire HD using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, i was actually hoping to get him down to around 7, my friend got a 2006 Grand Prix with 120,000 miles for 7,900 so i was comparing my buy to his and it looked very good.

·
Registered
536 Posts
It's worth it to see, I bought a '06 GTP coupe for 9K, it had 80K miles and I got the warranty. It cost maybe $1,200 extra but peace of mind is worth the extra couple bucks a month. 3yr 36K bumper to bumper so essentially a new car

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
536 Posts
If its a new/used dealer they should sell them, ask the person that handles their financing, mine added a couple bucks a month to my payment, but if you drop a transmission or something it will pay for itself.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Autobot Mechanic Lycan
125 Posts
your over paying. i have that exact same car with around the same milage. and only paid 6700. and my pano sunroof works.... so my advice is to have them fix the sunroof or lower the cost.

·
Registered
474 Posts
your over paying. i have that exact same car with around the same milage. and only paid 6700. and my pano sunroof works.... so my advice is to have them fix the sunroof or lower the cost.
It also depends on where you are, and how much similar cars are going for around you..
I would make them fix the sunroof as well. (If you're gonna drop that much money on a car, you want the car to be "perfect")

·
Registered
447 Posts
Agree with wheeljack about being overpriced. I got my '06 with 130k for about half that

·
Registered
42 Posts
I also do agreed that the calling price is quite high
100 K with a non operating roof...(is this a pano or the standard electric roof?)
From what kind of dealer are buying it? Ask them to fix the roof
Apart the cosmetic aspect which could be tentalazing , what had been changed and serviced on this car? See front and back breaks, alternator, tensionner, belt, strut..suspension, tirerods and ball joints (table) condition? What type of tires and wear you have on this car?
First i would make inspect this car. From there, you would know what is comming to spend after you would own the car . Be ready to open your wallet if it's a rough car . In Montreal Cda, after dealing with the seller, that's goes for 5K 5.5K and this with functional electric roof.

Good luck on your project but also be curious and normaly demanding tower the dealer

Regards

1 - 13 of 13 Posts