Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just to let you know, i have ditched my G6 GT.

tired of the tight steering, no steering and starter issues. love the car, but don't love the headaches.

so i traded for something i have always wanted.....a JEEP! yea, quite a change. but i did get one that was loaded, as Wranglers go. i also got the Unlimited model which is 15" longer.

even though i work at a Chrysler Jeep dealer in Indy, i drove to Cincinnati to get the color and options i wanted. i'm leasing THIS one, so no more UP-SIDE-DOWN!
in 3 years if i still like it, i may buy it.....which right now is the way i'm leaning, but who knows what will be available in three years.

so, its been great being on here, but i will problably move on to some Jeep Club or something and harass THEM for a while. ha ha

good luck and best wishes to all.........kevin ;)

p.s. i'm changing my 'name' to Jeep6Action....ha ha

·
Registered
532 Posts
Still waiting for my GTO..just started my new job... my hourly wages just doubled. :) wont be long now.

·
Registered
220 Posts
sixspeedsix said:
I've had my GTP a month now, 1200 miles. She is really starting to pull now. I really like this car and love driving it.
Wait until you have it a year and hit 12K, then see how much you love it with the body flex. Good luck with your Jeep! I had an '01 Grand Cherokee before I got the G6, looking back, getting the G6 was the worst thing that I have ever done. But at the time it was the only way to get better gas milage.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Explr1 said:
Good luck with your Jeep! I had an '01 Grand Cherokee before I got the G6, looking back, getting the G6 was the worst thing that I have ever done. But at the time it was the only way to get better gas milage.

thanks....as for the gas mileage, i only live 2 miles from home, so i don't think it will kill me if gas prices jump up again. and if they do, i'll just go buy an old beater Honda Civic to drive.

and about the 'NEW' Wrangler.....well, i'm sure there will be a 'NEW' price tag with it AND i have yet to see anything about an 'Unlimited' model with the longer wheelbase and more interior room. thanks for the concern, but the reason i got this Wrangler is because i wanted one BEFORE the new one came out. i wanted a REAL JEEP, not the new, watered down version.

i'll check in from time to time to see wazzz up............... :cool:

·
Registered
33 Posts
G6Action said:
thanks for the concern, but the reason i got this Wrangler is because i wanted one BEFORE the new one came out. i wanted a REAL JEEP, not the new, watered down version.
Thats what we were saying in the late ninety's when they retroed the jeep with the round headlights and Dodge minivan centerstack

·
Registered
64 Posts
My aunt just got a jeep grand Cherokee srt8 fully loaded. My dad has had a jeep he prizes for awhile. It is a 84" Cj that was made by jeep for a race car driver after he won a season and my family has lots of racing connections and so he bought that off of him. It was all done up with off-ride equipment, like a new engine, huge tires, new suspension. All that kind of stuff not exactly sure what all was done to it i have just heard the stories of it. To top it off tho it gets horrible gas milage I think my dad said like 8 miles to the gallon maybe not even that. My dad also just bought a cj at a auction to sell and everyone is drooling over it the first day in a town of about 300 they got 10 calls in 4 hours lol.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sixspeedsix said:
Thats what we were saying in the late ninety's when they retroed the jeep with the round headlights and Dodge minivan centerstack

i see your point, but the biggest deal is that in '07 there won't be an "Unlimited" model with the longer wheelbase and more interior room. only the 'standard one' to begin with. but there are 'rumors' that there will be a FOUR DOOR model (?). so, i may have one of the last 'long wheelbase' two doors and THAT is what i wanted. and as far as options, i've got Sirius Satellite Radio w/6 Disc In-Dash CD Changer, Cruise with Leather Wheel, Air Conditioning (std), Side Steps (for the girlfriend), Chrome Grille AND of course (you will appreciate this) a SIX SPEED TRANSMISSION!!! :cool:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Well have fun with your new car, I hope you stay for your comedic relief around here. I didn't want a g6 either but i got one anyhow lol.

·
Premium Member
5,356 Posts
Explr1 said:
Wait until you have it a year and hit 12K, then see how much you love it with the body flex...

What is body flex? I have 12 grand on mine and I dont notice anything different...? :confused:

Gonna miss ya, you Pig avatar man.... ;)

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Lampoon said:
Gonna miss ya, you Pig avatar man.... ;)
hey, "pig avatar man" here. i still drop in from time to time for 'comic relief' of my own!!

someone asked for a 'pic' of my new ride, which i would gladly post. HOWEVER, i am much more a comedian than a computer genius and since you have experienced my 'comedic expertise', you can see how bad i suck at computers.

any suggestions on posting a pic and i'll get one on here?

"pig avatar man", out! :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts