Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently buy a G6 Coupe GTP granite metallic, automatic trans with 18" ultra bright wheels. It comes with Goodyear LS2 tires or Bridestone Potenza? I make this question cause my G6 arrives at the duck on thursday and i read some bad feedback from the Goodyear LS2. Hope it come with Bridestone Potenza. What you think?

·
Registered
268 Posts
G6_COUPE_PR said:
I recently buy a G6 Coupe GTP granite metallic, automatic trans with 18" ultra bright wheels. It comes with Goodyear LS2 tires or Bridestone Potenza? I make this question cause my G6 arrives at the duck on thursday and i read some bad feedback from the Goodyear LS2. Hope it come with Bridestone Potenza. What you think?
the bridgestone's are an option it all depends on what you selected.

·
Designed For Action
509 Posts
G6_COUPE_PR said:
The Goodyear LS2's are 'Touring' tires and are not designed for high performance. The Bridgestone Potenza's are 'W' rated High Performance tires for 3 seasons. In cold weather, the Bridgestones become hard. My car came with the Bridgestone tires.The LS2's are not good tires from what I have heard also,but the tire choices are very limited for this car. The Bridgestone Potenza's, as stated earlier, are an option.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
this is what my invoice said..."Premium Value Packege II"
-QYH: Tire all P225/50 R18- 94T BW TL AL2

·
Registered
77 Posts
It shouldnt' be an option, no way would I buy the Goodyear's. FYI mine showed up on the invoice as a $150 option.

If I were to guess I would say the "all" in QYH: Tire all P225/50 R18- 94T BW TL AL2 stands for All Season which would mean Goodyear. But it's only a guess.

·
Designed For Action
509 Posts
G6_COUPE_PR said:
this is what my invoice said..."Premium Value Packege II"
-QYH: Tire all P225/50 R18- 94T BW TL AL2
You have the "T" rated Goodyear LS2 touring tires. The '94T' is the load rating. Your car is also governed to 118 mph.

·
Designed For Action
509 Posts
GTPGuy82 said:
My GTP came with Bridgestone Potenzas, and the dealership said it was not an option, and I did not pay extra for them.

Mike
The Bridgestones are a a $150 option. Take a look at the sticker,if you have it. It would read:

(4) Tires, P225/50R18
Summer Only-Performance

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SCGA1 said:
You have the "T" rated Goodyear LS2 touring tires. The '94T' is the load rating. Your car is also governed to 118 mph.
My G6 governed at 118 mph???????????????? I DON'T THINKS SO!
How GM gone to governed one same car at twice...one on 118 mph and another at 135 mph? I have a G6 Coupe GTP with A/T and it suppose to governed at 135 mph!

·
Registered
122 Posts
tires

my gtp came with eagle ls--luxory/sport is what that means--i have no problems with them--they ride much better than the gt continentals and handle well - so far only went 101 mph only 1200 miles on car--taking it easy.
Handing is great--top speed not that important to me - been driving a long time and usually can out drive around turns etc other cars-

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
G6_COUPE_PR said:
How GM gone to governed one same car at twice...one on 118 mph and another at 135 mph? I have a G6 Coupe GTP with A/T and it suppose to governed at 135 mph!
Most manufacturers will set the speed governor to about the same speed rating as the tires for liablity reasons. Since it is only a setting in the PCM, it is not a big deal for them to set the governor differently to match the car's configuration.

·
Registered
488 Posts
SCGA1 said:
The Bridgestones are a a $150 option. Take a look at the sticker,if you have it. It would read:

(4) Tires, P225/50R18
Summer Only-Performance
Let me ask you a question about this. On the side of my goodyears it says "Steel-belted radial". Aren't those all season tires?

Because when I got the sticker, it did say that Summe Only on there, $150. But I wasn't charged for it. I called the dealership and they said they changed the tires there to All Season tires.

Mike

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think im gone a change my Goodyear LS2 tires soon as i can. What do you think its the best tire for our cars? I live in Puerto Rico, thanks God all year long in SUMMER. :D

·
Registered
108 Posts
G6_COUPE_PR said:
I think im gone a change my Goodyear LS2 tires soon as i can. What do you think its the best tire for our cars? I live in Puerto Rico, thanks God all year long in SUMMER. :D
too bad you will still have the 118 governor :(. Hopefully someone comes out with a pcm fix.

·
Registered
77 Posts
G6_COUPE_PR said:
Should have got the 6 speed manual ;)

·
Registered
72 Posts
My GTP has the Goodyear's . I have 7000 miles on them in 2 1/2 months and they have performed very well, especially in the snow and rain here in Cleveland. I've had these same tires ( in different sizes ) on my last 3 GM cars and have never had a problem with them. They are a little noisy on rougher roads but smooth as silk on the turnpike.

·
Designed For Action
509 Posts
GTPGuy82 said:
Let me ask you a question about this. On the side of my goodyears it says "Steel-belted radial". Aren't those all season tires?

Because when I got the sticker, it did say that Summe Only on there, $150. But I wasn't charged for it. I called the dealership and they said they changed the tires there to All Season tires.

Mike
You have the 'All-Season' tires. I wonder if they changed the speed limiter parameter in the PCM, to reflect the tire change?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts