Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After 2.5 years with a '95 Cadillac Fleetwood that was lightly modded and got questions and stares daily, I wanted to downsize and step up in mpg's. First thoughts were various little 4-cyl wagons and hatches but I just didn't get the "feeling" with any, and as I couldn't get away from GM seemingly, the G6 coupe just grabbed me. We already have a new '08 Malibu 2LT which is AWESOME (and I had an '07 Malibu rental for a month before) so I know the Epsilons well, and was familiar with the G6.

Never thought I'd own one as I saw it as the oldest, etc. Epsilon around without some of the new touches, but after driving both a GT and a GXP coupe, I was sold. Tons of space for me to stretch out, tight and smooth, and fantastic power with similarly great mileage. My biggest battle was what exactly did I want equipment wise and then, ESPECIALLY so, color.

My dealer had every color to see on sedans, and I still couldn't make up my mind, but when it came down to it I could never stop coming back to staring at the White Diamond convertible they had. And then from there, already knew I had to have cloth (have had leather...no thanks anymore) and preferably in Taupe. Then came trying to find one. The combo wasn't that easy, in reality, to get as we searched the dealer system (why so many have all black interiors...ugh), but there were a few. And one was PERFECT.

In a day, they dealer traded their loaded display White Diamond convertible for my WD coupe, and it was settled. Love it. The colors ESPECIALLY. Just a terrific looking car and the colors add so much to it.

It's a huge change from driving a Fleetwood, but fits me more than that car ever did. One week down now and I've already gotten questions and comments about it, gas station and otherwise, just like the Caddy which is fun. Too bad I also already have a glitch with a terribly creaky and rattly roof, but I hope that will be taken care of this week at the dealer.

So, glad to be here!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I got a convertible, too!! Really nice car, great looks, peppy, and not a lot of them around. It compares in looks to the Audi convertible, but we get the hard top! Oh Ya!

BTW, if you want to get rid of those two square GM tags on each side of your car (they look like square, metal zits), a blow dryer for about 4 minutes will heat the glue, and they'll come right off.. then use Goo-Gone to get rid of the glue residue.

WELCOME!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got a convertible, too!! Really nice car, great looks, peppy, and not a lot of them around. It compares in looks to the Audi convertible, but we get the hard top! Oh Ya!

BTW, if you want to get rid of those two square GM tags on each side of your car (they look like square, metal zits), a blow dryer for about 4 minutes will heat the glue, and they'll come right off.. then use Goo-Gone to get rid of the glue residue.

WELCOME!
Nope, I actually like them. The car is so clean as is with the lack of moldings or strips, that the little GM emblems are sort of tasteful, small medallions. Or at least to me.

Great car, love it. Better yet, I'm still getting the same kind of compliments from people I know and strangers I used to get with my Fleetwood. Even today, heard through the grapevine from my father, that a guy he works with saw it at my mother's work (she took it today, and me her Malibu as it needed service) that "I really like--he has great taste in cars". Thank you;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.