Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright here we go..I had a 08 GT Coupe a couple years ago and let it go down the road. Seen it multiple times since then and wished I wouldn't of sold it.

A month ago, I seen a sweet deal on a 06 GT Coupe. It has less options than my old one, but this one has sunroof instead of leather and autostart basically.

My problems started early, both ball joints and all four shocks and front struts were done right away. The clunks in the front stopped, but there is some clunks in the rear still. Could it be the a-arm looking deal back there? I replaced the shocks. ABS Light is on, and I replaced the one the tool said and still there. SO I assume its a wire issue.

Now the car shifts a little funny if you have to go from a stop with any real urgency. I passed two cars last night going 50 and it was going 85 in seconds and no issues. I see theres no dipstick and was confused yesterday when I tried to check it. I leveled the car out with the tire off and added two quarts of fluid. I removed the bolt that is just under the passenger side axle.

Nothing came out, the car seems a little better but not much. I might remove the tranny pan and throw a new filter into it, and fill. My issue is checking the oil not a ton of info on these sealed transmissions.

Now the last "problem" its completely electric steering. My 08 had a power steering pump and a "bigger" looking engine, even though they were both 3.5. I looked under the wheel and it looks like a pretty big piece for the motor/assist. Is there a difference between electric assist/fully electric in the GMs? I seen a few malibus with it, the part was 50-60$ used.

Anyway thats about it. I am fairly happy with the car, just need to really work the kinks out. Cars got 127k and was 1400.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if no fluid came out of the drain hole your still low. Id change the filter and refill since you don't know the last time it was done.
Thats what I did last weekend. Car shifts alot better, still a little off if I really get onto the gas.

My issue is the rear abs harness. I couldn't really find anything online on how it is ran. The sunroof was leaking onto the passenger side floor I got that fixed and I think something to do with that.

Will be going and looking at it today to see if I can follow the wires and possibly fine the issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Check out the recalls. There are a few that are covered by the manufacturer including power steering issues.
Alright here we go..I had a 08 GT Coupe a couple years ago and let it go down the road. Seen it multiple times since then and wished I wouldn't of sold it.

A month ago, I seen a sweet deal on a 06 GT Coupe. It has less options than my old one, but this one has sunroof instead of leather and autostart basically.

My problems started early, both ball joints and all four shocks and front struts were done right away. The clunks in the front stopped, but there is some clunks in the rear still. Could it be the a-arm looking deal back there? I replaced the shocks. ABS Light is on, and I replaced the one the tool said and still there. SO I assume its a wire issue.

Now the car shifts a little funny if you have to go from a stop with any real urgency. I passed two cars last night going 50 and it was going 85 in seconds and no issues. I see theres no dipstick and was confused yesterday when I tried to check it. I leveled the car out with the tire off and added two quarts of fluid. I removed the bolt that is just under the passenger side axle.

Nothing came out, the car seems a little better but not much. I might remove the tranny pan and throw a new filter into it, and fill. My issue is checking the oil not a ton of info on these sealed transmissions.

Now the last "problem" its completely electric steering. My 08 had a power steering pump and a "bigger" looking engine, even though they were both 3.5. I looked under the wheel and it looks like a pretty big piece for the motor/assist. Is there a difference between electric assist/fully electric in the GMs? I seen a few malibus with it, the part was 50-60$ used.

Anyway thats about it. I am fairly happy with the car, just need to really work the kinks out. Cars got 127k and was 1400.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts