Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone,

To start off - the name is Jordan. I recently owned a 96' Eclipse RS in great condition... But driving home last week (on wednesday - if memory serves correctly) with my Eclipse I was hit my another driver pulling out of a parking lot who didn't see me (I was going ~45ish mph) and totally destroyed my passenger's fender and crushed my hood back. The damage to my Eclipse was more than the value of my car AND the other driver was uninsured...So I pretty much got screwed. :eek:

So here I am, 19 years old - I'm a full time college student (currently on summer vacation) and working full time...I needed a ride. So my mom knows someone (actually one her employee's) whose father works for the GM / Buick / Pontiac dealership who was willing to try and help get a used car...He was trying to get me to qualify and purchase a used 2008 cobalt :eek:

I immediately went online and looked up there inventory and saw that they had a 2009 Pontiac G6 GT Sedan in stock (Actually, it didn't even make it to the lot with the sticker price on it, they had JUST aquired it from one of those "GM Pool of cars" - and so nobody (who was browsing their selection on "foot") knew it was for sale - I was the lucky first. :D

I found out about it Saturday - however it was still in the process of being detailed and yadda yadda, and the manager couldn't find the keys to the car but wanted me to come down to buy the car anyways... :rolleyes: I (as well as my parents seeing how i'm a "first time buyer") agreed we wouldn't even look at it until we both knew I was qualified for it AND I could test drive it... Theres no sense getting your hopes up for something you can't have/afford/enjoy. :beer:

So...to make a really long story medium-ish (lol) today they had the keys, and I had to wait until I was off work and my mom was off work to get down there. I had to wait from saturday till 9PM (tonight/yesterday?) to actually see, touch and "feel" the car.

To sum things up, I got myself a 2009 G6 GT metallic blueishy sedan. I'm in love with it....

I'm happy to be a part of the community. :cool:

Edit: Oh and the one thing I'm most proud of (besides being the owner of a new sexy-beast) is that I qualified and was able to buy it all on my own. :D

·
CrAzY Moderator
963 Posts
Congrats welcome to the family!!!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey thanks fellas' for the congratz. :beer:

I'll take some pics when I get home from work later today. I already know I'm going to want to get the windows tinted... calipers painted... air intake.... as long as I don't void my warranty. :cool: For this year at least.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey thanks! I forgot to take pics when it was light out...so tomorrow when I get home I'll try and remember! It's a really cool metallic paint...depending on where you stand it looks silver/gray/blue/goldish/or all of the above. Really sweet. :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Congrats and welcome! Especially congrats for qualifying by yourself! Should be a huge upgrade from either the Cobalt or especially the 13 year old Eclipse. Hope your enjoy your new G6 as much as I'm enjoying mine. :)

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I must admit - its painful (for me) going from a 5-speed manual to an auto. I loved my Eclipse because of the control I had over it with my gear box and compact size. However, it rides nothing like the G6. The Eclipse was a much firmer ride... The G6 drives smooth like butter, handles good, accelerates quickly enough - when I go to M-mode, and all around is a much nicer car (as much as it pains me to say that. haha) Sorry to all of my 2G DSMer brethren!

Now I have already compiled a list of things I want to do to this car...But I'm going to wait at least a couple years to see if I really want it - as for now, I'm worried about my warranty and any possible mechanical problems that the internet seems to be filled with... So I don't want to touch anything (other than cosmetics perhaps. :D )

And thanks Jascot! I thought the Cobalt was a joke, I would have waited a week and purchased another eclipse if my only choice was a Cobalt. lol.

·
CrAzY Moderator
963 Posts
haha good choice!

·
2006 Black G6 GT
395 Posts
I hope its the imperial blue metallic color. Thats the color i want and my favorite car color.
Does it have the chrome package, cuz if you got the exact one i wanted i'll envy you! haha.

Post some pics soon :)

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Depending on the lighting (which in this case sorta sucked as the sun was going down) my car looks either blue/silver or goldish. In most of these pictures it really just looks like a plain jane silver. :p

BUT HERE WE ARE! PICTURES :D

The last one is with me and my car. :cool:

·
2006 Black G6 GT
395 Posts
Very nice six. Not the blue i was hoping for, but still nice.

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,348 Posts
The first Blue G6 was the electric blue...thats my color.
The second was your car - which is Blue Gold metallic.

The last one is Dark Blue Metallic....

·
CrAzY Moderator
963 Posts
Looks nice bud!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the comments! Yeah, this blue-gold metallic is interesting. In the morning the car is silver, by noon it's turned blue/slightly gold and by the evening its a blue-silver again. haha. I can't wait to tint my windows though! :D

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'd really like to get me some rims on her now... just need to wait for the money. :rolleyes:

·
CrAzY Moderator
963 Posts
what kinda rims were you looking into getting for your pretty girl?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm starting to really like the look of those Konig 17" Furthers... The ones at Discount Tire... They are starting to look real appealing... :D

I have the money but now i'm in a dilemna.. I'm thinking about restoring and tuning my Eclipse that is now "Salvaged" thanks to the stupid insurance guy who came to inspect it...And I have to wait 6 months for them to process the paperwork...so in the meantime I'm waiting and planning on what my next moves will be... Save and rebuild my eclipse (with a turbo - a turbo thats sitting in my room.) Or customize my G6 with the Ram hood, new rims, tires, exhaust, CAI and a body kit... Hmmm.. Choices. :confused:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts