Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Helpless Newbie
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I just bought my 2009 G6 GT yesterday, and will probably be a regular visitor to this forum. I really like some of the creative stuff you have done with your G6's, and can't wait to get started with mine. I have a couple of questions to start out.

Oddly enough, the dealer wasn't able to tell me the official color of my G6, and I was hoping someone could answer. Here's a picture that the dealer took:

Red doesn't seem to be a complete answer, does anyone know the official color?

Also, I'm curious about the stock sound system that my G6 has. When I turn it on, it says: "Monsoon". It's not a 6-disk changer, and it looks and sounds like there are tweeters on the door along with the lower front speakers, and of course there are the 6x9's in the rear. Does anyone have more information about this stock unit? It definitely doesn't sound like there is a sub anywhere. I like the input for an external player, I hated the FM transmitter I used with my mp3 player in the last car, and a direct input is a huge improvement.

Last one for now: do my wheels have a particular designation? The tires are 17", that's about all I know.

My favorite "feature" so far: the vents! I like how they turn all the way around, and make that clicking sound. I told my wife you have to turn the middle ones to wind up the car before you start it. :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Inskipp,
very nice to meet you, I can not answer any of your questions but just wanted to say Hi. I will say that I am jealous of the external input. but I do have a 6 disc front load and XM built in so I'll be alright

·
Varsity Squad
751 Posts
Welcome and congrats on your new ride! If your monsoon system is like mine there are 3 speakers in each of the front doors, and the 2 6x9's that have tweeters on them too and there is a little amp on back deck. My head unit doesnt have the aux input being an 06, but i love xm radio. The vents are pretty damn cool and have had complements on them of all things. Good luck and have fun with your mods.

·
Helpless Newbie
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Performance Red Metallic. Thanks for that, and thanks for the other answers I was hoping to see.

I wonder if when someone asks the color will I mention the "performance" part of the color. Really, I don't think if it was just "Red Metallic", that I would have less performance... so I'll just leave that out, lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts