Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to make a progression page. Im a little late but I'll try and fix one up. Here goes nothing....
This is the day I brought home my sport red G6 GT sedan.. June-ish 2010....

First mod was floorboard LED's....

stock. just a picture in the smokey mountains on a vacation to Tennessee...

Then its before and afters of exhaust....
Before....

After....

and this is as it stands now.... current mods.... custom exhaust.. LED's... weak, i know. im working on it.:D

·
Registered
246 Posts
dude the LED's on your floor are sick! I think im gonna put Blue Led's in mine though because my exterior is like an ice blue. But yours looks sick it matches ur speedometer and what not. NICE!

·
Da.v3
597 Posts
exhaust is poking out quite a bit..

leds look hella bright!

Do ur headlights, tails..smoked...debadge..tint

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dave- that's on the list of projects for summer. And ive been continplating getting new tips I think I'm going to get a rolled edge and fatter exhaust tip. And have them tuck it back more. I think it's too skinny and sticks out too much as well.
Alex- thanks as soon as I saw the red lights and that the car came with I was so pumped because then it would be red outside and red inside.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well. im adding CRAB's opt 3 to my mod list came in the mail to my house yesterday. i wont be able to paint/ install till after finals.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hand painted CRAB..

Up next will likely be calipers body color (somehow). body color side mirror, and tinted tails.

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Make sure you keep a good coat of sealant or wax on that baby. That paint is looking glossy. :) You are also missing a "C' on the Pontiac lettering.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Make sure you keep a good coat of sealant or wax on that baby. That paint is looking glossy. :) You are also missing a "C' on the Pontiac lettering.
WOW!! i never even thought of that!! good thing you told me! you think just the wax i use on the body will do?
As for the 'C' im missing i have replacements im just debating on whether i want to debadge or not. too lazy to put it on too.. ill prolly do that tomorrow.

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Keep the G6 and GT on. Debadge the Pontiac lettering. Get some Meguiars NXT 2.0 sealant. They call it a wax, but it's technically a hybrid sealant. It lasts a lot longer than wax, but doesn't give as much depth. Always keeps a good coat on it.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Alright thanks man!! ill pick some up tomorrow if i get the chance.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Today i was going to town on the back of the car. I debadged the crappy shiny plastic ones and put the new ones one. And also Tinted the Tails.

This is how it looked debadged... i may go back to this...

Screwing around mid project...

Trying to keep them on the same line...

outcome...

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I did the badges before the tint..... refer to those for before shots....
Tails came out really shiny and didnt need any sanding or buffing AFTER nightshades. After i layed the first coat of clear they kinda dulled so i stopped with only onne coat of clear.

Before the clear 30 minutes after the nightshades..

It was hard to get a shot where you could see the real shine they had but here they are on the car and with the lights on.....

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Nice darkness with the tint. You need to wet sand then use rubbing compound on that though. It looks flat. Maybe a few clear coats too.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you! i wanted to paint the side mirrors today but i cant find any write ups about sanding them and what not. i might just wing it.. go with some 400 then 800 and a little bit of 1000 and just spray em.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nice darkness with the tint. You need to wet sand then use rubbing compound on that though. It looks flat. Maybe a few clear coats too.
So wetsand with what like a 2000? the thing is they were more shiny before clear? I cant figure out why.

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
So wetsand with what like a 2000? the thing is they were more shiny before clear? I cant figure out why.
Paint was still drying so it gave a wet look.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Soooo, more clear should bring some gloss. i mean thats what its supposed to do so i would assume it would help..

1 - 20 of 49 Posts