Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Addicted!
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah i have an 07 gt coupe with all the things done to it listed in my signature what do you think my chances of beating a gxp would be? Stock? And how much hp do you think i got? ( i figure all my mods added like maybe 25 hp lol)

·
Registered
174 Posts
thats pretty cool what you have there ^_^ and maybe ud be able to beat it but u would still need a bit more hp. a GT althought is less ehavier then a GXP i think.

BTW: i wouldnt go with turbo charger on a G6. it would cost wayyy too much.

·
Addicted!
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well i figured that but my buddy will do it free just have to buy the shit plus a guy on here is sellin the whole kit for like 400-500

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
You just posted this over a G6P, got an answer, and came over here? Umm...what? :confused:

Summary:

GXP has 6 speed auto with 252 HP and 251 torque 2 vs GT 4 speed at 224 HP 220 torque with a intake and muffler.

The jet chip is questionable, and the muffler will increase the horsepower but will ruin the torque powerband. The intake gives at most 5 HP.

·
Varsity Squad
751 Posts
I have some similar mods done to my GTP and had my car dynoed, went from 241hp to 263hp, so your estimate is probably a little high. I am doubting you GT can beat a GXP, but it also has A LOT to do with the driver.

·
Addicted!
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I posted on both for diff opinions

·
Registered
638 Posts
no chance in hell unless you turbo or SC it which i am positive will definately blow the already problematic head gaskets or cheat with nitrous

·
Addicted!
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So what differences did u notice after taking your intake resonator out?

·
Varsity Squad
751 Posts
Not much, I routed my air filter into the bumper where it was and I do get a little bit better MPGs, and probably a little bit of HP increase, but nothing that noticable.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts