Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read some of the reviews of both cars -before and after I bought the g6. Most were positive. I traded my gt for a gtp and I noticed a vast difference in power (not to mention the back end with the duals) the reviews say very little difference-plus I think the gtp rides better (18" goodyear vs 17" continental tires) anyway I like the gtp much better in all departments.

·
Registered
423 Posts
i've been thinking about going that route too....just haven't got the guts to go see how bad my GT has depreciated.......maybe they would trade me even for an Aveo???? hey, who am i kidding.....of course NOT!!!!

·
Registered
532 Posts
I cant even get an AVEO according to the last dealer I talked to.. haha..

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
G6Action said:
i've been thinking about going that route too....just haven't got the guts to go see how bad my GT has depreciated.......maybe they would trade me even for an Aveo???? hey, who am i kidding.....of course NOT!!!!
the red tag sale did it-3500 off plus low interest rate--got 17500 for gt -all cars lose a lot of value-the only way to try to get your monies worth is to keep it a long time-i wanted a gtp-lost a little money--but lower interet rate plus red tag sale -will lose much less if i waited gt cost me almost 27000 -gtp was 28100 less red tag it came out to a little over 24000 with all incentives-plus my high interst loan was paid off and a gmac one at 3.9% it worked for me

·
Registered
235 Posts
hook2233 said:
the red tag sale did it-3500 off plus low interest rate--got 17500 for gt -all cars lose a lot of value-the only way to try to get your monies worth is to keep it a long time-i wanted a gtp-lost a little money--but lower interet rate plus red tag sale -will lose much less if i waited gt cost me almost 27000 -gtp was 28100 less red tag it came out to a little over 24000 with all incentives-plus my high interst loan was paid off and a gmac one at 3.9% it worked for me

If you don't mind me asking, what did you owe and how much did you put down?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
answer

Robyn P said:
If you don't mind me asking, what did you owe and how much did you put down?
This is almost exact-i bought the gt back in may-the dealer added nys tax, alarm,gap insurance and extended warranty - about 32000 total -car was 26790 as per window sticker-i put 5000 down (i realize i got creamed) - gt was loaded except for side air bags and xm - now the gtp as stated was 28135 less about 3900 or so -less about 18000 for my gt. i put down 2500 which included the tax,reg and gap insurance -pay ment about 375 -they paid my loan off and got a new one for 3.9% - i was trying since august with a few dealers-this guy from VA ordered me one and drove it up for me--the only thing i have to do is inspect it in NY when he sends me the apaerwork--it worked for me-lost a little money-but i got what i wanted--i would have lost money anyway-did this answer your question?

·
Registered
235 Posts
hook2233 said:
This is almost exact-i bought the gt back in may-the dealer added nys tax, alarm,gap insurance and extended warranty - about 32000 total -car was 26790 as per window sticker-i put 5000 down (i realize i got creamed) - gt was loaded except for side air bags and xm - now the gtp as stated was 28135 less about 3900 or so -less about 18000 for my gt. i put down 2500 which included the tax,reg and gap insurance -pay ment about 375 -they paid my loan off and got a new one for 3.9% - i was trying since august with a few dealers-this guy from VA ordered me one and drove it up for me--the only thing i have to do is inspect it in NY when he sends me the apaerwork--it worked for me-lost a little money-but i got what i wanted--i would have lost money anyway-did this answer your question?
Yes :agree2: this answers my questions, thanks! It also tells me that the 4 dealerships I've delt with in TN are morons :eek: and don't want to help me!! I'm a little more upside down than you are, but only about $100 in a monthly payment. Am dealing with ANOTHER :eek: dealership as of last night, will see what this guy can come up with today.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Robyn I know your pain... Ive dealt with 5 dealerships and they won't touch this deal. Simply owe too much on a car not worth much (as they say). Trading acrossed gets me to a 30,000 loan and its impossible to trade down because of vehicle values. I have sadly given up for a while.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Why didn't any of you guys get in on the SmartBuy earlier in the year? I got mine for $800 down, and $259 a month for 48 months. The dealer took my Grand Cherokee and paid off the entire loan as well. They really wanted to move G6's at the time.

·
Registered
132 Posts
GTPGuy82 said:
Damn I paid a little over 24K back in August with no incentives! Negotiate negotiate negotiate!

Mike
To be fair, what was the MSRP, did you trade, etc. $24K for a $28K sticker is a very good deal.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Explr1 said:
Why didn't any of you guys get in on the SmartBuy earlier in the year? I got mine for $800 down, and $259 a month for 48 months. The dealer took my Grand Cherokee and paid off the entire loan as well. They really wanted to move G6's at the time.
Smartbuy, IMHO, should be named something vastly different. I saw my brother go that route a few years ago on a Z71 pickup. It took him about three car trades/sells to get over the hump of that balloon payment. Mention the words smart and buy, anywhere near each other, around him today and he goes ballistic :)

·
Registered
488 Posts
miscreant said:
To be fair, what was the MSRP, did you trade, etc. $24K for a $28K sticker is a very good deal.
MSRP was $27175. (I got everything but adjustable pedals and side airbags). Talked them down to $24K and some change. No trade, put $5000 down on a Smartbuy.

Mike

·
Registered
132 Posts
GTPGuy82 said:
MSRP was $27175. (I got everything but adjustable pedals and side airbags). Talked them down to $24K and some change. No trade, put $5000 down on a Smartbuy.

Mike
So in hook2233's defense, he got a $500 better deal a couple months later, which is to be expected. He got $3500 off, and you got ~$3000 off. And since he took the 3.9% he doesn't get the rebate either, so the $3500 off is without rebate just like yours. If he wouldn't have taken the interest rate, he would have got the car for ~$23K or less (because of the $1500 rebate).

And if he got $3500 AND the rate, he did some serious negotiation, because the Red Tag price with rate (and no rebate) is only about $2000 off MSRP...

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
miscreant said:
So in hook2233's defense, he got a $500 better deal a couple months later, which is to be expected. He got $3500 off, and you got ~$3000 off. And since he took the 3.9% he doesn't get the rebate either, so the $3500 off is without rebate just like yours. If he wouldn't have taken the interest rate, he would have got the car for ~$23K or less (because of the $1500 rebate).

And if he got $3500 AND the rate, he did some serious negotiation, because the Red Tag price with rate (and no rebate) is only about $2000 off MSRP...
as i aid--since august i was trying to get the ivory white gtp-my dealer said he did not have one-no attempt to order one or anythig else-this dealer from VA--worked with me--i got about 3800 or so of--plus 3.9 %--which is over 9 % less than i was paying--he suggested i wait until nov to see the gm deals-- negative equity yes--any deal on a car will never work out where you come out ahead--just what type of loss will you accept- if i waited the trade would be less --maybe no red tag--or maybe a better deal in 06--lol--who knowes

1 - 20 of 21 Posts