Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, ive had a body shop put a GXP Front End on my 07 G6 GT convertilbe. Was this made to fit??? They said they had to fabricate a piece and the Grills are loose and attached to the front end with little plastic ties. It looks fine until further inspection. Has me worried if i hit snow my front end is gone. How are the grills supposed to attach? and is a GXP front end supposed to fit a GT??

·
Registered
411 Posts
The bumpers are interchangeable without ANY modification. The thing about the GXP's is that they require additional supports to help out its structure. The grilles are held on the bumper by already built in tabs that the grilles fit over and then fastened with flat retainers that look like old school double sided razors. The additional lower support also helps to hold in the lower grille. You can do without but I highly suggest getting it. I started without it and during my first winter I pushed in the lower grille with snow. I then bought and installed the lower support and it made quite the difference.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts