Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been searching the forum and many many post of "Sunroof" problems with no help. So here is but one more post. Does ANYONE know what causes this and what will fix it? My GT Coupe's normal sunroof does NOT close flush but rather closes past flush. From the inside of the car I can push up on the sunroof and it will lift at the rear of the sunroof. I know it is supposed to sit flush and not move. It will also jump if I close the doors. When it is fully open the glass will move around as well and I know it should be fixed and unmovable. It does not make any weird noises and it opens and closes, though a few times I had to push up on the glass to help it open. Any help will be appreciated. TIA.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The sunroof on my 2006 GTP Coupe jumps, too, when I close the doors. I have assumed it is the result of either the vehicle shifting or air pressure. However, my sunroof seems to open and close as it should.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The sunroof on my 2006 GTP Coupe jumps, too, when I close the doors. I have assumed it is the result of either the vehicle shifting or air pressure. However, my sunroof seems to open and close as it should.
Mine too opens and closes. My buddy and I inspected the sunroof looking for anything obvious and noticed there are what look to be torx head screws in the inside perimeter of the frame that holds the glass. They appear to be loose a bit. When I have another day off I am going to attempt to tighten these screws and see if it helps. The glass is supposed to sit flush with the roof. Mine does not. It's down in a little too far at the back of the sunroof glass.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts