Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at a really nice 05 GT today. Had the panoramic roof and was really nice. 3X,XXX miles priced at 14500. Seems like a good deal, but what do I sacrifice by looking for a base model with the v6? Any mechanical difference such as gear ratios and exhaust?

· RAM AIR!!
266 Posts
They both have the same engine, the base v6 has the 4T40 transmission where as the gt has different gear ratios that is more geared towards performance it has the 4T45. They both the same exhaust. The only other major difference is that the GT has a sport tuned suspension and the base does not. So those are the difference between a 05 base and gt.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply. Google just wasnt helping me out at all. :/

Maybe I need to shop around more. I havent looked at g6s too carefully but they all seem to be around that price here. I blue booked it and retail is 14,910 for a 05 gt with 35k. I didnt add any options.

· Registered
23 Posts
I just paid 10.500 for an 07 GT Friday with 9000 kms on it.... but the car was smashed and needed a hood and bumper cover aswell ( the car was fixed and painted for 10,500. The rims are scuffed on the passenger side. Maybe shop around a bit more Im glad I didnt buy the 06 v6 I seen for 12500.

· Registered
38 Posts
I just paid 10.500 for an 07 GT Friday with 9000 kms on it.... but the car was smashed and needed a hood and bumper cover aswell ( the car was fixed and painted for 10,500. The rims are scuffed on the passenger side. Maybe shop around a bit more Im glad I didnt buy the 06 v6 I seen for 12500.
I just payed 12,000 for an 06 v6 with 35,000km's on it.... What all was smashed on your car? Have any pics so i can compare to mine?

· Registered
77 Posts
I found my 2007 G6 GT loaded with leather, sunroof{Reg not pano} with 28,000 miles for 14200.00. If you can keep looking. The 07 and newer have a whole new engine{still a 3.5 but more power} It's a destroked 3.9. and they stopped with the electric power steering on all the V6 models. Good luck!

Mark.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.