Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just realized that the 17" chrome wheels on my GT are fake. What I mean is the Chrome piece is just a cover or hub cap if you will. Is GM to cheap to put a solid polished aluminum wheel on these cars? Are all these like that? :eek:

·
Registered
292 Posts
Ya all the 17inch stock chrome wheels are just chrome plated. Personally I think there quite nice. Obviously GM had to save some money and therefore made these wheels. They have held up quite well so far even through winter weather. No complaints with these wheels, they reduce the overall price without sacrificing appearance.

·
Registered
15 Posts
GM wheels

My experience with these wheels is that if you hit any pothole it will bend them and next thing you know their is a vibration at high speeds, I am very careful with my car it's my baby and I have one bent wheels on the back and it is very noticeable whn i am on the freeway BE VERY CAREFUL WHERE YOU DRIVE YOUR G6....they are roughly 400.00 a piece to replace :(

also be careful when having them replaced they can be bent very easily if the person removing the wheel from the rubber uses the wrong machine.

·
Registered
292 Posts
It's too bad they couldn't pass the savings on to the consumer. Maybe they wouldn't have gone bankrupt! :D
lol true, maybe the 'new' GM will, even though they have nothing in their lineup worth buying anymore.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I don't mind the 'chrome tech' 17" wheels. Brake dust is terrible after the winter, but a couple hours of polishing with Blue Magic cleans them right up to OE shine that last the rest of the year!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts