Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WEnt to the dealer yesterday to get a free oil change and I took a look at the one GTP coupe they had in stock. I really like the looks of this car and the 18's look fantastic. The salesman who sold me my car was out and I started to talk to him about it. I didn't get a chance to drive it myself but he had some interesting thigns to say about it. He said "For a car with 240hp it is a dog, it can't get out of its own way." I aksed him how he thought it was compared to the 3500 and he thought it was barely any faster and said it wasn't worth it for the price. Just thought these were some interesting observations. Now I want to drive it for myself to see. Oh, and this was an auto, they didnt have any of the 6 speeds in yet.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I was driving behind a GTP Coupe today. The back end takes some getting used to after looking at the sedan so long. One thing that looks like GM dropped the ball on is the trunk lock. Its about 3 or 4 inches above the GTP emblem on the right side. Its just hanging up there looking pretty ugly and misplaced. It's bright chrome, you would think they could have used or placed it somewhere else. The stupid thing I think is I've had cars with key FOB's for about 8 years. I cannot even remember putting a key in the trunk to open it.

·
Registered
278 Posts
And you will see a lot of vehicles in the future that eliminate the trunk key cylinder (like has happened with passenger door key cylinder) as more vehicles get standard remote keyless and stylists decide that the cylinder just looks ugly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, first post here.

IMO, go and test drive the GTP coupe. It is pretty quick. It doesn't feel like it, but look at the speedo and you can tell the difference between the 3.5L and the 3.9L especially from a roll-on. We have a hand full of them at the dealership I work for and have already sold one or two of them. Good pricing too. Stickers for about $27k full loaded.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I posted pics at this thread. Perosnally, I like to be different, and although the rear of the coupe reminds me of several different cars, such as the nissan 350Z and the Solara, I think it is awesome. Haven't seen anyo ne road thusfar, although I'm sure that will change here over the next couple months.

I also think the 3900 has plenty of power. I guess that's not saying much who doesn't have much of a mid-power range car...I drive a Focus, and I drive my Dad's Z06 on occasion...I'm still interested in seeing if the 6-speed is much quicker than the auto...I'm sure it won't be by much, but it will be much "sportier" than the auto since you can row through 6 gears instead of tapping into 4.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Yes, the Focus has been a GREAT car....I've only had minor problems with it, including 2 headlight seals. Still runs like a top. Zippy for a 4 cylinder 5-speed, but it's still disappointing that the ECOTEC automatic can whoop its ass.

I'll miss it, but with 70,250 miles on it, the warranty is almost up, and I want something a little bit bigger, more powerful, and sporty. I have always loved Pontiacs, but I never really thought it had much "sport" and performance for being GM's "sport division". I think they are finally turing around with the Soltice and the G6 coupe.

As far as "wasting money" on the GTP...I think with the 240 HP and the 3.55 ratio in the manual, and even the 3.69 ratio in the auto...I think it will be at least a second or 2 quicker in the 0-60 time. I wish, though, that they would use a softer material for the dash...then it would really feel like a classy car.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.