Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bought my 06 GTP, I did it almost as a whim when I learned that it could be had with a six speed and that I couldn't get another GMC or Chev pickup with the same specs as I had had since my 1999 and 2002; got the thing within 24 hours.
From the beginning, I loved the car once at least I learned to buckle and bend in the proper places so that I could get in and out.
Since buying it, I have added a 2 1/2" cat back with two mufflers at the rear and a CAI and those have made it sound good all along the line both accelerating and decelerating. Goes much better too.
Tonight I had a strut tower brace (billet aluminum and not GM) added and found that, in addition to looking extremely good, the handling and ride of the car are now commenserate with the rest of the car. Torgue steer pull seems to be nil now even under full hard acceleration and just taking corners hard from one street to another, I find there is much less 'push'.
I still wish I saw 'myself' coming and going with greater numbers but be that as it may, I am extremely proud of my G6 GTP and am glad that I have it.
GTPdriver

·
Designed For Action
509 Posts
GTPdriver said:
When I bought my 06 GTP, I did it almost as a whim when I learned that it could be had with a six speed and that I couldn't get another GMC or Chev pickup with the same specs as I had had since my 1999 and 2002; got the thing within 24 hours.
From the beginning, I loved the car once at least I learned to buckle and bend in the proper places so that I could get in and out.
Since buying it, I have added a 2 1/2" cat back with two mufflers at the rear and a CAI and those have made it sound good all along the line both accelerating and decelerating. Goes much better too.
Tonight I had a strut tower brace (billet aluminum and not GM) added and found that, in addition to looking extremely good, the handling and ride of the car are now commenserate with the rest of the car. Torgue steer pull seems to be nil now even under full hard acceleration and just taking corners hard from one street to another, I find there is much less 'push'.
I still wish I saw 'myself' coming and going with greater numbers but be that as it may, I am extremely proud of my G6 GTP and am glad that I have it.
GTPdriver
This good to hear. The car does have a lot of performance potential, it just needs to be brought out. :cool:

·
Designed For Action
509 Posts
What would you like to know?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Everything!!!

Other than intakes and exhaust, which is a common upgrade anyway, any tips and tricks that can be done under the hood...you know like lower temp thermos, water bypasses, injector/fuel upgrades, tranny modding....etc

Mine is auto, I will like to add an aux oil cooler to help it a little bit

·
Designed For Action
509 Posts
Everything!!!

Other than intakes and exhaust, which is a common upgrade anyway, any tips and tricks that can be done under the hood...you know like lower temp thermos, water bypasses, injector/fuel upgrades, tranny modding....etc

Mine is auto, I will like to add an aux oil cooler to help it a little bit
Other than intakes, exhaust,ECM tunes and lowering springs, there isn't much else available. Unfortunately, the aftermarket has not responded to this our G6.:(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.