Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
No it is not a dealer accessory, I know because I work for a dealer, they come of the truck with it on. As I previously stated, it is an option to be added for 4-cyl, V6, and GT but a standard option for the GTP.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
54 Posts
ajgautreau said:
No it is not a dealer accessory, I know because I work for a dealer, they come of the truck with it on. As I previously stated, it is an option to be added for 4-cyl, V6, and GT but a standard option for the GTP.
And for Canada it's standard on GT as well. Mine came with a package, and I couldn't delete it off the package.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
423 Posts
Aardvark said:
Any guess on what it would cost to buy an "unspoiled" decklid?

my suggestion is to make a 'deal' with your dealer and 'switch' deck lids with another sedan WITHOUT a spoiler. offer to pay the tech time to switch and buy new nameplates for the dealers vehicle.

this way you get;

1) a factory painted deck lid without a spoiler for less money than buying another deck lid and

2) you get it much faster than having to wait for the body shop to paint one.

the dealership gets in return;

1) to add the expense of a spoiler on a non-spoiler car at NO COST to them (extra gross profit...they like that!) and

2) makes their 'plain-jane' G6 much more appealing.

just a suggestion. if they want to deal, then i would think they would go for it. only 'down-side' is that the VIN stickers on the deck lid would no longer be there as they were from the factory. the G6's DO have VIN stickers on their deck lids, don't they???

good luck......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
G6Action said:
my suggestion is to make a 'deal' with your dealer and 'switch' deck lids with another sedan WITHOUT a spoiler. offer to pay the tech time to switch and buy new nameplates for the dealers vehicle.

this way you get;

1) a factory painted deck lid without a spoiler for less money than buying another deck lid and

2) you get it much faster than having to wait for the body shop to paint one.

the dealership gets in return;

1) to add the expense of a spoiler on a non-spoiler car at NO COST to them (extra gross profit...they like that!) and

2) makes their 'plain-jane' G6 much more appealing.
Yeah, that's a good plan. Thanks. I'll definitely consider that strategy if I get a GTP sedan. And it's always possible to find multiple spoiler-less G6 sedans in the appropriate color using GMbuypower. I could call around to the local dealers until I found one willing to do the swap.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
423 Posts
Aardvark said:
Yeah, that's a good plan. Thanks. I'll definitely consider that strategy if I get a GTP sedan. And it's always possible to find multiple spoiler-less G6 sedans in the appropriate color using GMbuypower. I could call around to the local dealers until I found one willing to do the swap.
yep....call around and tell them "I'll buy your GTP IF....." hey, somebody is gonna jump on it!!
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top