Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I bought a 2006 GTP about a month ago and the only issue I've really had is with the driver side weather stripping. But I just got my front brake pads replaced and I was expecting them to have hard stops but they seem to brake soft. Is this normal?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually, I had the dealer replace them. They resurfaced the rotors and then threw new pads on. The back they resurfaced also because they said the pads were fine (under warranty). Apparenty warped rotors is a problem with this car.

When I mean soft, I mean I brake and it takes longer than I expect to come to a stop. I had a 96 Honda before this and when I replaced them, they were really tight, hard stops. I had a friend of mine drive it around they said it was biting and should be fine. Some cars are different than others and it could also be that I'm half way through with the back so the combination of the 2 keep me from feeling the newness of the front.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My guess is the pads, perhaps they're not the same type as stock. Who knows? You could ask the dealership what name pad they use, then try to find out what the G6 came stock with. I doubt it will be the same pad.
He told me they were stock GM pads but I'll ask him..have to go back anyway bc they are replacing the weather strip for me. Have you had any luck with mudguards or are they just not necessary? I've heard there are some rubbing issues which I can see as possible. But since I have some extra 3M film, I may just use that instead.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.