Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Designed For Action
509 Posts
hook2233 said:
If I am reading the concept pontiac correctly-you need a ram air hood connected to cold air induction-cat back exhaust tweek the computer a little and my gtp will have 270 hp?
That is not the entire picture. To start, the 'Ram Air' system adds looks and virtually no added horsepower. The exhaust will net between 10 and 15 horsepower. The G6 GXP showcar actually has a high performance camshaft along with polished/ported heads. The true horsepower rating is close to 280.

·
Designed For Action
509 Posts
Subtle_Cynicism said:
Also, on a side note, from GTP to GXP, the ugly stick managed to rape the car in every angle.

(That is, unless you're talking purely performance modding)
I can understand your disdain for the GXP's bodywork, but I believe he is speaking performance. ;)

·
Designed For Action
509 Posts
G6GTPV6HO said:
I'll keep my 06 GTP with the stick and maybe by 08 the aftermarket will have caught up by then. I'll build more power when it's available, because GM will not likley build a manual trans for the 3.6. :rolleyes:
There may very well be a 6 speed manual made for the 3.6L V6, as a special edition , of course.

·
Designed For Action
509 Posts
Code 8 said:
gxp is coming in 2008. . So the g6 gxp will be out sooner than later. I sell g6's everyday and that is the word. That 3.6 in the gtp in 07 will only go up in power in 08 and thats when mine will be traded.
That's the word I'm hearing from my sources. :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Kman said:
That's the word I'm hearing from my sources. :)
mmm... we have multiple sources with radically different stories. Automotive News is still stating the G6 will be replaced for 2010. With sales up over 40% from last year at this time I imagine the GXP will be offered in one form or another this year. If you look around, nearly all the "GXP" parts are available individually in the aftermarket. Just look at the 07 G6 brochure. The only bits missing are decent tires and high performance cylinder heads IMHO. The new tranny can handle more. Is there a website or way of communicating with the people at Pontiac's high performance group? Perhaps all that needs to be done is ask the right people..

·
Designed For Action
509 Posts
tmurfet said:
mmm... we have multiple sources with radically different stories. Is there a website or way of communicating with the people at Pontiac's high performance group? Perhaps all that needs to be done is ask the right people..
There is no way to directly contact GMPD. My sources are within GM. Any info that I can reveal is very credible. The G6 GXP that is coming, may have the powertrain from the orange G6 sedan concept(3.6L V6 / 6 MT and 270+ hp). The 3.9L V6 is being phased out and will not be in the G6 after this model year. :cool:

·
Designed For Action
509 Posts
Lark60 said:
If the 3.9 will not be available next year, what will be the engines for the convertible? I have held off buying a convertible because I want the 3.6 with 6spd auto
The 3.5L V6 VVT is the standard engine.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I thought the 07 verts still had the 3.9L, and will all be badged GTs?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.