Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im new to pontiac and i was just wondering what is the real diffrence in the models of the gxp and gtp, I have seen the diffrence is hp and torque and body work but i mean is the cam profile diffrent in the GXP than in the GTP or what is it sorry if this is a dumb ?

·
Varsity Squad
751 Posts
The GXP has a 3.6 with 24 valves while the 3.9 in the GTP has 12 valves. This is what makes the biggest difference in the motors giving the GXP more ponies. More valves gives more air flow through the heads, creating more power. With all my mods I am up to 263 HP and 261 ftlb of torque.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The GXP has a 3.6 with 24 valves while the 3.9 in the GTP has 12 valves. This is what makes the biggest difference in the motors giving the GXP more ponies. More valves gives more air flow through the heads, creating more power. With all my mods I am up to 263 HP and 261 ftlb of torque.
oh ok cool

·
Registered
460 Posts
Not to mention the fact that the 3.9L is a pushrod motor and the 3.6L is a dual overhead cam, Now in 07 you could get the GTP with the 3.6L and the 6spd auto, but previous years you would get the 3.9L and either the 4spd auto or 6spd manual.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Not to mention the fact that the 3.9L is a pushrod motor and the 3.6L is a dual overhead cam, Now in 07 you could get the GTP with the 3.6L and the 6spd auto, but previous years you would get the 3.9L and either the 4spd auto or 6spd manual.
i was going to say that, but i do have to add that even the new GXP still dosen't have the horse or torque as the 07 GTP, but i degress...i have to say that there are pretty much no mods that can be done with this engine. i had a 04 cadillac cts (until it was totaled) that had the same engine as my 07 GTP and i searched for years to find anything, but couldn't find anything

1 - 5 of 5 Posts