Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 07 G6 GT sedan that I put GTP wheels on (not sure what year.) I had new tires put on in January and when I hand washed my car last month I noticed that they scratched all of my rims when they were putting the tires on. I went down to where I got my tires and told them I noticed they were scratched from the tire change. They checked it out and said that it was from a tire change, but since it has been 2 months they would look into getting repaired, but they weren't sure if they would. I have been calling every week to see if they looked into it and they have just been dicking me around. So anyways I am looking to repair them myself, but I need the paint code for the wheels, seeing as they do not belong to my car. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
M6 G6 GTP
25 Posts
First question is who do the wheels belong to that you just replaced the tires on and second is will they notice if you go with a silver that's not spec'd by GM? Any body shop should be able to match a paint to your current wheels. Search around your area and see if anyone will give you a free estimate for painting them, and if they can paint match.

Good luck!

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
I thought GTP wheels were aluminum finish, not painted.

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
That sucks. Either you could get a touch up pen thats similar in color if it isn't that bad, or just repaint all the wheels a similar color by sanding off the old paint. Repainting is risky since it won't look as good and will probably get damaged from driving. Touch it up if you can.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts