Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i have a 05 pontiac g6 v6 all stock and was thinking about getting a gtr exhaust and the crab intakes. Would anyone else recomend those or anything else better than that to increase hp, i have 1100 dollars right now and wantin more hp

·
Da.v3
597 Posts
with your cash...yea thats likely the best bet. or a tune as well.

to be honest, depending on your personal situation...i wouldnt toss a lot of money into a g6...again...to be honest. with intake and exhaust...ABSOLUTE MAX you will gain is 20ph/ torque...likely less and yo likely wont notice much of a diff, if any...other than the sound.

i have crabs...and it does indeed sound great

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Tune gives more bang for the buck. Visit whiteautoandmedia.com It takes about 3-4 months for the tune.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea i have a hole in my exhaust reservoir cuz it rusted out and i couldnt find too many things cheaper than the gtr so i thought might as well go with that

·
Registered
128 Posts
Dude I have the same car and have the GTR with a CAI. The car definetly feels a lot better but I'm probably going to get the high flow resonator by the end of the month cause it get load and I'm not a young punk anymore. Think of the G6 + GT-R like a lesser GTO sound wise.

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Dude I have the same car and have the GTR with a CAI. The car definetly feels a lot better but I'm probably going to get the high flow resonator by the end of the month cause it get load and I'm not a young punk anymore. Think of the G6 + GT-R like a lesser GTO sound wise.
If I was to get the GTR, I'd want it to have a resonator since I'm not a fan of loud exhausts.

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Whats the best for the tune?
I don't fully understand your question, but you will want to find the PCM that correctly matches your car type on the website then select 93 octane since it will be tuned for 93 octane gas for more power.

You must understand though that when you install the tune with a 93 octane timing, you must put 93 octane gas in the car. They label the octane next to each handle at the pump.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't fully understand your question, but you will want to find the PCM that correctly matches your car type on the website then select 93 octane since it will be tuned for 93 octane gas for more power.

You must understand though that when you install the tune with a 93 octane timing, you must put 93 octane gas in the car. They label the octane next to each handle at the pump.
And is that easy to put on? I dont really know what it is

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
And is that easy to put on? I dont really know what it is
Computer module in between your battery and driver side headlight. Takes 10 minutes max to install.

In all seriousness, if you don't know what we are talking about, it might be best to stay away from it. Either that or do some research and get knowledgeable in what you plan to do to your vehicle.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Computer module in between your battery and driver side headlight. Takes 10 minutes max to install.

In all seriousness, if you don't know what we are talking about, it might be best to stay away from it. Either that or do some research and get knowledgeable in what you plan to do to your vehicle.
Thats what I thought but wasnt exactly sure

1 - 12 of 12 Posts