Pontiac G6 Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I have never used a capacitor so I have no idea why you would be getting a reading like that. I'm guessing It's still not working yet?

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
A quick google search says that it means the cap isn't recieving power. So I would check the fuse on your main power line and make sure it isn't blown. If it isn't then I would really just remove the cap and see if it will work without it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey I have an 08 g6 simple base sedan and I don't have the factory amp and so how can I install my subwoofers and amp in it???

·
Registered
2 Posts
And how can I install that? Because I know how to install the system into an aftermarket stereo it's no biggie but my biggest issue is that I have the factory so it's complicated

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
You just connect it to your rear speaker wires. There's hundreds of articles on Google that explain how to connect a line out converter.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I have an 07 g6 gt coupe. mine has the monsoon system. I was gonna try the install myself but was discouraged by being unable to find a wiring diagram for my specific year. I took it to an audio place that my father who owns a used car dealership sometimes takes cars to get cheap stereos put in. he warned me that they werent very good but the cheap price for the install was too tempting. i ran the power wire myself beforehand and they wired the LOC, amp, ground, and subs for 35 dollars. i bought used subs from them also. I explained that my car had the premium sound system and that is was a little more complicated. they assured me that they could do it. I attempted to show them this guide and he instead wired them to the rear speakers basing the cable selecion off his 02 grand prix. i made it clear they were most likely different. after about 30 minutes attempting new amps and subs they came to the conclusion that something wasnt wired right. they first tried to take the subs out and rewire some things in the back. then tried wiring the amp a different way. then i told them maybe they were using an amplified signal to the loc from the rear speakers and maybe they should try a preamp signal. I showed him this guide again and he then wired them to two brown wires (one was brown with a white line) on the left top side of the monsoon amp. the subs were hitting good. after leaving i noticed the sound coming from the rear speakers was very quiet. later that night i disconnected power from the amp and changed the fade to rear and there was a little distorted bass coming from the rear speakers and thats about it. any help would be greatly appreciated. ive scheduled an appointment with ford and garland here in des moines to get it looked at monday.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts