Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone elses rims seem to be peeling off or flaking off? The chrome on mine seem to have come off quite abit..is this covered under warranty?

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
That is probably covered under the bumper-to-bumper 36k mile warranty. My 17" GT chrome wheel never peeled or flake off. The only damage was from incoming debris and light scratching.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No i havent curbed them at all..im thinking maybe the guy who had it before me might have, or he may have possibly put some type of cleaner on them and it screwed it up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have had that problem. It seems the clear coat over the chrome is just peeling off. not sure what to do about it. I'll keep an eye on this subject for suggestions. If I were to get new wheels, does anyone know... As far as maintanance do they need wax or what.? or should I go aftermarket and get get aluminium with solid chrome instead of cladding?

·
08 G6 GT
95 Posts
I haven't had that problem, I know if you're dealership is playing hardball I would try a different one. There's a dealer here in my town that was being a holes about something a while back and wanted to charge me. I called a different dealer in a different city and they covered it for free.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts