Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had this exhaust done awhile back..tried to get super 44s on but the shop told me that it wouldnt fit. Flowmaster 40 series chrome stainless steel tips. Ran me about 300

Its not too loud, but the video also didnt do it justice.

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Why do people continuously put the camera right behind the muffler? Of course its not going to do it justice because you are putting the microphone 2 feet away from the exhaust. It's just going to blow the audio gains away and make it sound like crap. No one listens to the sound from 2 feet away anyways, more like 5 feet from the side.

It sounds like from here though you need a better resonator. It's pinging or crackling too much. I like how it's not loud though. You also need to rev it higher. You just barely tap the gas.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the second rev was high somewhere around 4.5

the resonator is just the stock one.. i thought about removing it but i read too many bad reviews on that idea.

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
the resonator is just the stock one.. i thought about removing it but i read too many bad reviews on that idea.
Where did you read that? I hear of people putting aftermarket resonators on the exhaust all the time. It can really help.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh no I didn't mean replacing it.. i meant just doing a resonator delete. I've thought about putting a small performance muffler in place of it. I'll record another video from further back..When i was recording i did think it was a bit close lol, probably why the video sounds like crap.

·
08 G6 GT
95 Posts
I have the 40 series on a GT, sounds good in person. Sounds good though. I want to get a glasspack for mine, or wait a few years and get GTR.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts