Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
newcomer
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys, I'm trying to get HID for my fogs. I found out that gxp's fog light bulbs size is 9040. anyways, some sources online states that the cross reference for 9040 is H12/9055 (different watts). do you guys think if i get the H12 it will work fine? any of you have HIDs on your gxp's fogs yet?

·
Registered
638 Posts
hi guys, I'm trying to get HID for my fogs. I found out that gxp's fog light bulbs size is 9040. anyways, some sources online states that the cross reference for 9040 is H12/9055 (different watts). do you guys think if i get the H12 it will work fine? any of you have HIDs on your gxp's fogs yet?
i have H10s in the fogs on the GXP front bumper i put on my GT and the same will be goin into the fogs on my new GXP when i get back home for thanksgiving, and they fit just fine although you "may" have to file down one of the 3 tabs slightly...........IDK why but one bulb fit just fine as is and the other side i had to file down a tab just a lil to get it to fit LOL..... i cant say anything as for the H12 fitting, and i would go with a 35w HID kit in the fogs just to be on the safe side..........they are pretty big but idk if a 55w kit would still melt it or not..........

·
Registered
3 Posts
i used a 35w 8000k hid kit sized at 9040 it worked fine.. But i had to file down one side on each bulb. But it works great.. Looking to custom fabricate a projecter lens into the fog lamp housing myself as soon as the weather gets good.

Good luck with your car.

·
newcomer
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just got my gxp's hod fog lights on. they are 9040, the cross ref is H10.they fit in perfectly!

·
newcomer
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
PMed you back about the first question. About the color, got the 10,000K and they're pretty blueish. Should watch for the laws there tho. the cops here are not happy with HID's presence.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts