Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Really Fast Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I was wondering if the GXP Front Bumper/Fascia will fit a 2006 GTP and if you can buy them from GM, if so does anyone know the part #?
THanks

·
Registered
69 Posts
they should, its all the same basic frame, except the rear ends on a coupe are diff then on the sedan( personally, im partial to the sedan).

·
Fried like a Cheese Stick
1,035 Posts
BlackOrchid3 on g6performance.com listed all the part #'s, but apparently you will have to provide a VIN for a GXP in order to get them :(

This is straight from GMParts Direct.

Everything you need for the front end of a 2008 GXP

25876635 unpainted front bumper fascia, per the VIN supplied.
25831817 driver's front bumper fascia upper molding, per the VIN supplied.
25831818 passenger's front bumper fascia upper molding, per the VIN supplied.
25831815 driver's upper grille, per the VIN supplied.
25831816 passenger's upper grille, per the VIN supplied.
25831824 passenger's lower radiator grille, per the VIN supplied.
25831825 driver's lower radiator grille, per the VIN supplied.
25831821 air inlet duct, per the VIN supplied.
92119489 driver's front fog lamp, per the VIN supplied.
92119490 passenger's front fog lamp, per the VIN supplied.
What clips does the vehicle require? Where are the located?
22689321 front bumper fascia "V" crest emblem, per the VIN supplied.
25831820 front bumper fascia filler, per the VIN supplied.

·
Fried like a Cheese Stick
1,035 Posts
I'm guessing GM wants to keep the GXP front end exclusive to the GXP, so that if you order the parts you have to prove you already have one and are just replacing them. Nevermind that a lucrative parts sale is shot down.

This of course will ensure high resale values for the GXP and is also the sort of forward thinking that will keep Pontiac in business for years to come.

Oh wait a minute...

·
Really Fast Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I probably won't be getting a gxp front end anytime soon.
But it seems likes to me that for the price of a GXP front end I could just buy a GXP.

·
Premium Member
5,356 Posts
Dont forget the grills are not included and seperate and pricey and and and.....
I may be thinking of the hood. :beam:
I will ask.

I also think you just need 25876635 and a good paint shop.
Everything else can be reused....:glasses:

...it seems likes to me that for the price of a GXP front end I could just buy a GXP.
GM PART # 25876635
CATEGORY: Frt or Rr Bumpers, Covers (shipped only to local fedex hub 4 pickup)
PACK QTY: 1
CORE CHARGE: $0.00
GM LIST: $781.74
OUR PRICE: $479.85

·
Registered
11 Posts
I may be thinking of the hood. :beam:
I will ask.

I also think you just need 25876635 and a good paint shop.
Everything else can be reused....:glasses:

GM PART # 25876635
CATEGORY: Frt or Rr Bumpers, Covers (shipped only to local fedex hub 4 pickup)
PACK QTY: 1
CORE CHARGE: $0.00
GM LIST: $781.74
OUR PRICE: $479.85
Do you know the part numper for the grills also?

·
Registered
441 Posts
Has anyone gone about getting this by chance? Do we need the laundry list of items or is it as lampoon said - just the single item and a paint shop?

thank you

·
Registered
638 Posts
its a BIG list of items totaling like 3k if u were to by them from a dealership and still around $1800 thru GMparts direct, you have to buy 5 grills that are all around 150 each the fog lights ae about 150 each then you need the upper grill surrounds, and the lower radiator air funnel for lack of a better term, plus all the clips and screws and of course paying to have it painted...... the best i found was a new in the box complete assembly for $950 that i then had to have painted the right color as it came carbon black metalic and i needed techno gray LOL...........

im actually looking for another complete assembly to buy for my GXP right now for spare parts since my stupid ins wouldnt let me have the grilles and fogs from my totalled GT's GXP bumper.........

i'm keeping my GXP forever and obviously if something were to happen to it 20 years down the road im not gonna be able to get part for it so it'd be unfixable withut my own spare parts sitting around LOL........i was actually gonna take my GXP bumper off my GT for that reason the next time i went home, but a stupid snowplow totalled it before i got a chance to do that :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.