Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have recently bought a 2008 g6 gxp and have been searching for performance parts the past couple weeks. i havnt found much does anyone know any good performance parts or where i could find some

·
Registered
536 Posts
Plenty on here, cold air intakes, exhaust, suspension.etc....anything specific?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Which engine do you have?

Intake and Exhaust are definitely some useful mods.

Crab Intakes is the popular choice for the intake, And it's well worth it.
There are a lot of options when it comes to exhaust, You can find a catback or make one with custom parts.

And after that I'd say get a WAMS tune, The tune will be written to work with the intake and exhaust and will then work well to gain power. I got the 93 octane tune for my 2.4 and I love it. It made me feel more confident in my G6.

Those mods alone should make quite a difference in engine power, Then I'd look at suspension. Simply lowering it and getting a Strut Tower bar can help it handle way better. Add some stickier tires and you're set!

What sounds good to you?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Which engine do you have?

Intake and Exhaust are definitely some useful mods.

Crab Intakes is the popular choice for the intake, And it's well worth it.
There are a lot of options when it comes to exhaust, You can find a catback or make one with custom parts.

And after that I'd say get a WAMS tune, The tune will be written to work with the intake and exhaust and will then work well to gain power. I got the 93 octane tune for my 2.4 and I love it. It made me feel more confident in my G6.

Those mods alone should make quite a difference in engine power, Then I'd look at suspension. Simply lowering it and getting a Strut Tower bar can help it handle way better. Add some stickier tires and you're set!

What sounds good to you?
I have the 3.6 v6 and looking for a intake

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
I would say get an intake from Crab Intakes

WAMS writes a tune for our cars, It's pretty much the best tune for the G6 available and is often up-to-date and very well done. I love my tune.
Also I believe the WAMS tune is designed to work well with the crab intakes.
CLICKY There's the site for the WAMS, he's only open on weekends, so that's really the only time you can browse his site, You can send emails to ask for questions but he may take a week or two to get back to you.

I went with the 93 octane tune since 93 is available all around Illinois and Wisconsin

1 - 7 of 7 Posts