Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Remote start question. 2008 GXP. I was under the assumption that all GXP'S were equipped with it however mine is not. The option code is not on the glove box label. I also understand that all cars were capable of remote start if enabled in the BCM. I took the car to a mechanic and was told that the remote start was activated but was not receiving the command to start. I even bought 2 new GM transmitters and had them programmed but still nothing. Is there another module that I need? Any help would be appreciated.

·
4,046 Posts
with the option code not on the the glove box I'm guessing for some reason you weren't equipped with it... Ive also heard something about a hood safety switch possibly having something to do with the command of that option.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After some investigation and a few C notes it seems that it's more than just enabling the BCM. My question now is why this top of the line car with every other option was somehow built without remote start? Can anyone verify if remote start was standard equipment on a GXP? A window sticker should show it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts