Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Street Edition
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm finally getting to a progression. I have to say this is my favorite car. It's been a joy to work on. There's plenty more to do.

At the dealership, I bought it in August 2011...

2011-04-01 13.01.57 by Aerolot89, on Flickr

...and now

Untitled by Aerolot89, on Flickr

·
Street Edition
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Engine Compartment

Here are the mods I've made under the hood so far. First, what I started with.

Original Engine Compartment by Aerolot89, on Flickr

I installed Crabs option 3 with FPU, Racingline Strut Tower Bar, and a little paint to the Engine cover.

Decided to paint the battery cover as well.

·
Street Edition
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tail Lights

I tried buying tail light covers, and was sent the wrong ones. :( I couldn't find any for my 08 GXP, so I decided to be a little creative.

I had a case of the lazies, so I didn't remove the lights.

After several coats and sanding... The flash reflected off of the lights

·
Street Edition
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wheels/Tires/Brakes

I installed black Enkei Rims and 245/45r18 Eagle GT Tires. I painted the front calipers red.

I tried painting the tire lettering. It looked great, but took forever. It also didn't last.

One of these days I'll paint the back calipers and install my new Powerslot slotted and drilled rotors. I'm also looking at GXP caliper decals

·
Street Edition
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Street Edition
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Headlights

I also bought headlight covers when I ordered the tail light covers. I liked the look, but one of them came off on the hightway, even though I had added extra velcro. I was lucky it didn't mess up my car, or hit another.

205 Posts
The rims/painted tires calipers look great together especially with the I'm guessing Maroon? Color on your car. Headlights and tails look sweet too. When ever I get the money or pass my G6 onto my bro, I'm getting a black gxp. Maybe silver idk.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Street Edition
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got a tire pen off of Ebay. I forget the brand, but it was a known brand. It only lasted a month or so. I used degreaser but maybe didn't clean it enough. I might do it again for a car show, but it wasn't worth the effort for me.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
59 Posts
damn, all the money already put into that beauty just get the Eagle Eye headlights. they would look sexy as ****. Black ones

·
Street Edition
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'd love them but the wife has been out of work for 6 months now. One if these days.

·
Street Edition
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks! I got a cheap OBD Bluetooth and torque. Time to play :)

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
I think that tire paint is made by Duplicolor in Red, White and Yellow. And I'm pretty sure no matter how much you clean it, it'll eventually crack off, simply because its rubber and it does a lot of flexing and such. I remember looking at it on Amazon and a lot of reviews were saying they received it and it was already dried up and useless... Others say they had enough for two coats on each wheel no problem.

As for that torque app I freakin love it I also shot a video with a neat plugin for the app. I was actually talking about it with ryangski in this thread: http://www.g6ownersclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12414

·
Street Edition
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah. It was called hot tires I think.
Torque is cool. Now I need to learn what is normal. It is showing some miss-fires. Guess I'll check the plugs and wires

1 - 18 of 18 Posts