Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been doing some looking around. It seems that even by todays standards the gxp's are pretty rare. I was wondering what they'd be like in 30-40 years. Doing a little research some people suggested they could be worth some money due to the fact of how rare it is. I'm thinking about putting mine in storage after it's all paid off and restoring it to brand newish condition. Come 20-30 years i have a very rare car without paying 500,000 for a 67 mustang. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
38 Posts
i think so.
gxp's are beautiful.

·
Mr. Steal Your Girl
59 Posts
I've often thought about that but you just never know classics are classics because of the fact that they are a bit more of a work or art for the time that they came out where as g6's are more generic looking so it's pretty much just a gamble on how the majority of people feel about the car in the future but I guess now its time to play the waiting game

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Holly im glad you like them. and young stunna you make a good point. It's just going to be a waiting game. I really hope it pays off though.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Honestly I think the GXP will be just a run of the mill car, after all in the end it's still just a G6. Alot of the modern vehicles probably won't be worth a whole lot down the road. They are just way too mass produced. I usually see well over a dozen GXP's on the road where I live everyday.

·
Registered
638 Posts
mine will be sticking around till the day i die :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
They are just way too mass produced. I usually see well over a dozen GXP's on the road where I live everyday.
i dont see any! mind you im in canada.
i heard you couldn't get them here.
unless you want to import.

so.. in 30 years if he sold it to a
g6lover i think it would be pretty wicked actually!

if i came across a g6 in 2041 .. i'd buy it simply because
it brings back memories of my own.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i dont see any! mind you im in canada.
i heard you couldn't get them here.
unless you want to import.

so.. in 30 years if he sold it to a
g6lover i think it would be pretty wicked actually!

if i came across a g6 in 2041 .. i'd buy it simply because
it brings back memories of my own.
Who said im selling it? I'd be the one driving it :D

·
Registered
190 Posts
It's all going to depend on the market in the future. There is a certain nostalgia of the 50's and 60's cars that bring in the bucks that just isn't seen even with 70's models. Anything 40 or below brings in the cash too for the antique value.

Point being that even in the 90's, a 57' belaire or a 64' GTO was bringing in the bucks. A 30 year old car today (64' being 30 years old in 94') just doesn't see any value. A 81' Trans Am just isn't worth anything in 2011... This might all change when gas internal combustion engines are a thing of the past, but I don't see any mass production GM from the 80's on up being worth anything. Mind you, I said mass produced, this doesn't included special editions like the 30th anniversary TA or limited productions like the ZR1.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I definitely say it depends on where you live. I see about a dozen every day here near Detroit. But then again Toyota are a lot more rare here lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts