Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its been a long while, but used to be a member here back in '08 and '09 when I had a 2006 G6, now my 17 year old daughter just bought her first car, a 2007 G6 with 97k on it and low beam lighting sucks. I did some searches, and couldn't find anything in this site on a low beam mod for H11 to H9 conversion (55w to 65w).

I have done this same mod on two different 2nd gen Murano's I have owned (its a quick, cheap and great visibility mod overall), using stock wiring/etc, no drawbacks, only better low beam visibility. http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?254193-Difference-between-H9-and-H11-bulbs

Wanted to find out from you if there is any reason why this same H11 to H9 mod would not work, with stock everything, in the G6? Any reason why stock wiring wouldn't work?

Thanks

·
Old far...er...tinkerer..
303 Posts
Its been a long while, but used to be a member here back in '08 and '09 when I had a 2006 G6, now my 17 year old daughter just bought her first car, a 2007 G6 with 97k on it and low beam lighting sucks.
What I've noticed on my 07 G6 (also driven by a 17yo daughter
) is that the headlights get out of aim. While the somewhat crazed plastic contributes to the lighting problem, the beam spot is too near in front of the car - the lights need to be re-aimed - tilted back some - to put the beam farther out in front. I think that's as helpful as polishing the plastic, which we also did.

As for going to more powerful bulbs, that may help some - I'm sure many of the headlights I curse in my mirrors have had brighter bulbs put in them - I wonder if the higher power bulbs don't help accelerate the crazing of the plastic.

HTH.

Doug

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks...I did the plastic sanding/polishing and that did help...But after more research it looks like the H1q to H9 should not be done on the G6 as it uses a reflector lens in the low beam vs a projector (like in the murano)...Too bad too as its about an addition 750 lumen

·
Registered
455 Posts
Thanks...I did the plastic sanding/polishing and that did help...But after more research it looks like the H1q to H9 should not be done on the G6 as it uses a reflector lens in the low beam vs a projector (like in the murano)...Too bad too as its about an addition 750 lumen
What would be the result if you convert to a H9 bulb in a housing with a reflector lens?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts