Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello;

Does anyone have any pictures of their car with these, or a similar product like them?
http://turbometal.com/lighting/projector-headlight/pontiac-g6-led-halo-projector-headlights-05-08-black.html

Saw them on an advertisement on this site so I checked it out.
I don't know how cheesy they may look, but the general consensus with my friends is that they look pretty neat. Wondering if anyone has a red GT with them to see how they'd look in mine, or any colour for that matter.

Are these a cheap piece of crap? Is there a better product out there?

TIA

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,354 Posts
I dunno.....go ask the guys who have it. lol
If you read the thread I supplied the output
appears to be piss poor.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Check out retrosolutions.com. they sell the halo projectors you are looking for. I have a set of their HIDS in my car, not the projectors, and they work really well. Plug and play install is really easy to set up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I will as soon as I finish reinstalling them I will post pics, they won't be on the g6 yet. The second day I had them I was driving home and a lady walking her dog had to shield her eyes lmao. I guess they are bright =)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Alright, I ordered my retro-solutions HID kit today for the lows. I went for the 5000k - im all about utility and functionality so i steered clear of the blue ones - i want light output :p

It was funny, the regular mail and Priority with tracking both cost $13... and USPS cant figure out why they are loosing money...</digression>

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Spyder's suck. Just saying.

·
Da.v3
597 Posts
thats too bad. you and your kid wont be very safe driving with those shit spyder headlights. loaded with issues.

one major one...SHIT light output. hope you dont drive in the dark.

·
Registered
4 Posts
thats too bad. you and your kid wont be very safe driving with those shit spyder headlights. loaded with issues.

one major one...SHIT light output. hope you dont drive in the dark.
could you direct me to a few threads to let me read for myself what type of safety issues they have? you say loaded with issues? im sure if there was, they would be here to read about, correct? could you be as so kind as to provide me links to threads in which people speak of the safety concerns regarding halo spyder lights?
as for light output. i ordered the hid kit which you've probably already seen in my last post. hopefully this solves that issue.

thank you

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
would you still feel this way with the hid kit? i ordered the 5000k diamond white kit. so you own a pair of these lights and have tried them out on your car to say they suck?
The HID kit helps a little bit, but the overall consensus is that they have poor light output and are prone to moisture leakage. The cutoff line is aligned wrong too.

Here is that link you wanted: http://www.g6ownersclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8044

We had a group buy here on the forums a few months ago. That thread is just one that expresses the quality of the product.

·
MonsterG6
386 Posts
i just picked up some eagle eyes like those...i was looking at those exact spyder ones...i searched spyder on this site and i read all about light output and such that sucks i figgured id ask around for the better stuff...but the hid kit will probably help i dont know much about it all...alotta people just dont like em.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts