Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 G6 base and I have experienced difficulty in starting or starting too fast. It is an intermittent problem however and when I have had it at the dealer they tell me they can't recreate it so they can't fix it. What happens when it hard starts is I turn the key and it struggles to start, chugging several times and then turns over. When it fast starts it starts faster than normal, firing immediately and there is an knock that I hear. Has anyone else had this issue and if so how was it resolved?

· Registered
912 Posts
The issues with it having trouble starting i have hear from many people with the LX9
It will keep starting and sound really horrible and somtimes you can give it a little gas and it will start up. I have new spark plugs wires,starter,Engine tuned, and have used fuel injector cleaner. And it doesnt matter still happens since i got the car. And its random wont have any problems all day or a week then bam there it is. Like a clunker or something.

But what do you mean buy fast start then a knock? still a little confused on what you mean by that.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have been considering replacing those same things. Did you replace the ignition coil as well?
The only other thing I can think of with the hard start is that it is an intake/exhaust issue almost as if the engine is choking for air.
To answer your question about the fast start;the best way to describe it is that it seems there is a "premature ignition" (insert joke) with a single knock. In normal starting when you turn the key, the engine chugs a bit and then turns over. In this situation the engine starts quicker than normal and produces a knock almost as if the spark is firing out of time with the rest of the engine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.