Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so my friend has a 2007 Pontiac g6 gt hardtop convertible. The other day we went for a drive and put the top down. Everything was normal and sounded normal. We got home and pushed the button to lift the top and it didn’t move. I did some investigating to see if I could figure anything out and this is what we have so far.
1. The Motor of the top still runs
2. We hear spewing noises of liquid when it runs
3. I saw a line when the trunk was open. I moved it around and it was loose. It was not attached to anything and looks snapped. It most likely is for Hydraulics.
4. While messing with the back her trunk got stuck closed also. We disconnected the negative battery and took out the “20A CONV” fuse. Reconnected battery without the fuse and the trunk opened. When fuse is put back it doesn’t open at all.

We are only 18 and I’m still in high school and don’t know much about how any of this works. We have done so much research and investigating we hurt. If anyone has any idea what we should do that would be great. I don’t care if I have to fix it myself but I need to know what to do. I’m guessing it has a lot to do with hydraulic fluid because of the liquid that’s visible. I tried getting to the fluid to check the level and cannot get passed the back window that’s folded in the trunk.
thank you!

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
you will likely need to find a mechanic that can open the trunk first. Unless you have a scan tool with that kind of capability. there is recent thread on this site about a similar situation. also look a thread I just posted. it is a video on YouTube About convertible roof top...it ended up having a broken wire. sounds like you might have a hydraulic leak. the YouTube video shows how easy it might be to open the Trunk.oh yes the video is on a bmw...they all use similar principles.

·
Registered
19 Posts
There is a trunk release ground on the passenger side kick panel that can pop the trunk. I had to do this so I can get into my trunk since my top is stuck in "Top not secured" mode, even though it's closed and locked.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts