Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My co-worker was telling me he bought a volt/fuel stabilizer for his car just for the heck of it to see if it worked. It is a universal part and fits all vehicles. Surprisingly he said he noticed an increase in gas mileage by 2-3miles and the car running slightly different (better). He does own an older vehicle so maybe that's why...just my guess. NOW i'm curious to purchase one, but I feel like it would be a waste of money. I searched ebay and youtube and found what he was talking about. I have the links below. I would like some input on what you G6er's think :) ( I personally think these type of parts/upgrade are a joke, but only one way to find out )

Ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p3984.m570.l1311.R1.TR11.TRC1.A0.H0.Xvolt+sta&_nkw=volt+stabilizer&_sacat=0&_from=R40

YouTube Installation:

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
I've got a Raizin Voltage Stabilizer on my car. I can't say that I notice any significant difference, if any.
I'm still running the OEM AC Delco battery, and the car is an '09 so maybe it's helping it last a long time?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My car is bone stock. I just keep up with maintenance. I still haven't got new tires, which i need and notice that my mpg is not what it's suppose to be due to the tires. But I will def invest in a voltage stabilizer. Did you purchase yours off ebay?

·
Registered
290 Posts
its just about the same thing as the grounding kit you can get from racing line. they have one for about $50

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You think it would be a good idea to run the led readout to the interior of the car and maybe stick it on the dash below the steering wheel?...I'm not so sure about leaving it around all the heat under the hood.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Mine sits on top of the battery itself and has had no problems. I'd try to keep it as close to the battery as possible.

·
TC...yea hit that button
99 Posts
It's a big capacitor to hook up inline on the positive battery cable. On a stock vehicle, I can see improvements to be had with this thing. Upgrade battery/starting/charging system cables and this stabilizer becomes pointless.

Racingline grounding kit would be better spent money IMO. Or make the cables yourself and hook them up. 2 of the bell housing bolts are common grounds for battery, starter, and engine wiring. Hook up a nice thick cable to these and ground it to chassis(NOT subframe, it's mounted on rubber bushings). Hook up another supplemental ground somewhere close to the alternator and you will see similar improvements to what this capacitor may do for you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts