Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am working on a 09 g6 for a friend. he wants hids in the fog lights. these are the bulbs that the car came with in the fog lights...........

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/details/QQPontiacQQG8QQAC_DelcoQQFog_Light_BulbQQ20082009QQAC15839897.html
everyone says to get h11 well i honestly cannot figure out how the heck they even latch into the housings for those bulbs above... i know im not the only one that has come across this. please help. iv looked on other posts and some people say grind this break that... if anyone has pics that would be great...

·
Registered
58 Posts
I just installed my HID kits from DDM. great kits and really easy to install. H11's are the correct bulbs. I just installed HID's on my low beams and fog lights, both were H11 lights.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well these fog light housings did not have H1N1 bulbs in them. And the H11 wont even fit in them. Unless i grind away the three tabs that the bulb has that holds it in. I assume that you all had the housings that allrdy had the h11 or h10 bulb in where you insert bulb and twist. The housings I have use a bulb that you insert and has two clips at opposite side of each other. And the clips are on the bulbs not housing

·
Registered
392 Posts
Do you have a picture of your fog light housing? Would be more helpful.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Is the car a GXP? they have different housings that arent H11. BTW, that link says 08-09 G8 bulbs...

·
Registered
331 Posts
Im with Dmanj. could be a gxp..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts