Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 G6 V6 Sedan. When the car is parked and running the tail lights will flicker every so often. When i am driving and I am stopped at a stop light the headlights will dim in and out. As soon as I accelerate they will brighten up.

I talked to my friend and he thinks it might be a battery or alternator problem.

Anyone know what is going on here? Or have the same problem?

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That bites! How do you know the tail lights flicker? Are both headlights flickering?
The tail lights flicker when the car is in "park." I put it in "park" and I walked around the back to get something out of my trunk and I saw them flickering.

Yes, both headlights flicker.

Any ideas?

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
Anything I say is just an educated guess;
Maybe the switch is about to go out. Since switches on most anything electrical involves contacts perhaps the contacts on the lighting switch is dirty. (If you know anything about electricity that would help.) If this is the case the switch will need to be replaced. Check to see if the instrument panel lights flicker too.

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anything I say is just an educated guess;
Maybe the switch is about to go out. Since switches on most anything electrical involves contacts perhaps the contacts on the lighting switch is dirty. (If you know anything about electricity that would help.) If this is the case the switch will need to be replaced. Check to see if the instrument panel lights flicker too.
You know what? My dash lights do flicker too!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts