Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
The body kit is really nice, but like any other body kit it is a PITA. I just had my AIT racing bumper put on and it's been nothing but a hassle. I wish I had just gone with the 2009.5 OEM bumper, but oh well.

If you have the money for it, then I would say go for it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The body kit is really nice, but like any other body kit it is a PITA. I just had my AIT racing bumper put on and it's been nothing but a hassle. I wish I had just gone with the 2009.5 OEM bumper, but oh well.

If you have the money for it, then I would say go for it.
what was a hassle about it?

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Fiberglass body kits go through a different process than OEM parts. You can't go to your normal body shop or collision center to get it mounted. They are NOT a guarantee fit by the company so you have to make modifications like holes or trim some off. Right now my bumper is lower on one side than the other. The fiberglass reacts differently to the primer as well.

Also, due to the nature of fiberglass it is easier to break in accidents. A slight fender bender could cause the paint to crack more than a regular bumper. Just some info. I learned all this the hard way.

Maybe someone could chime in, but this was my experience. I love the look of the bumper, but I sometimes doubt that the hassle was worth the look. Of course, if you have the money then this is all nothing to worry about since you can pay someone else to worry about it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I am looking to mount the whole kit myself, I do not have any other knowledge or experience in doing this but am handy with tools so just wondering if it is a project for experts only? Also is this body kit is one of the three I have found for the G6 and the other two are not up to my taste which is why I was looking towards this one.

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
The other two body kits are most likely made of fiberglass too.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would love if someone who has the body kit and or the carbon fiber hood to make a vid on youtube sense there are none also just ordered the head and tail lights was wondering if someone could make a vid for the tails too! I will be once I get all the parts in for sure!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ah well just ordered the tail lights and head lights from a different site and should be here tomorrow! Now I hope I can wire them right, newbie here!

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Post pics when you are done!

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Look at my progression page for the AIT front bumper installed. Looks very nice.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok head and tail lights are installed! Still need to figure out how to wire the halos at this point but the projectors are plug and go, tail lights were a sinch! Ill post pics once I get a good camera!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ignore the time stamp, as you can tell they are way off...

I have a finished video and a long awaited and wanted How To video on youtube.

How To: ^^^

Brankas New Eyes ^^^

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sorry for the revival but have you done the fog projectors? I just got the spyder headlights w/HID's and was going to just throw HID's in my fogs. That is until I saw the fog projectors from AIT, just wondering if anyone has done it, likes it or thinks it's not necessary.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts