Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Panasonic CQ-8100U head unit, Memphis MC-62 front speakers, Polk Audio db690 rear speakers, two 12 inch Alpine Type R subs, a JBL GTO 75.4II amp powering the speakers, and a Power Acoustik CPT1-3200D.

As of two days ago, when my subs hit hard, the speakers cut out and then came back on. Yesterday, it happened again during the day. Then at night when my headlights were on, my speakers cut out and then the head unit shut off and turned back on. This has never happened to me before and I have had this current set up since December of last year.

The only change that I have made is unplugging one of the Polk Audio rear speakers since it had blown and I haven't replaced it yet. Would this cause any of these problems? I know this usually occurs because of electrical issues (small battery, stock alternator, stock wires), but would it take this long for an electrical issue like this to surface? I also have upgraded my battery to a Duralast Gold Battery, but nothing else electrical. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts