Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently purchased an 08 g6 gt that came with the monsoon xm ready stereo with the front aux port. i tried plugging my phone into this port and pressing the src button to switch to the aux port but nothing happened. is there an issue with the aux port or the src button? is there a way to fix this?

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
As long as the source is set to AUX it should play anything going through there. Are you sure the cable is good? Its also been my experience that my phone's volume has to be at the Max level for it to sound good coming from the stereo.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When i press the src button it doesnt do anything. it continues to play the radio. Wether i have anything plugged into the aux port or not. the cable is good. i bought it brand new just to use in the car and used it on my home stereo just to check it.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Hmm, I'm also pretty sure it should automatically go to AUX when you plug the cord in as well. Maybe something is stuck in there preventing it from working.

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,348 Posts
When I plug something in to my Aux it immediately goes to aux.
No pressing source buttons required.

Try a different cord.

·
Registered
295 Posts
When i press the src button it doesnt do anything. it continues to play the radio. Wether i have anything plugged into the aux port or not. the cable is good. i bought it brand new just to use in the car and used it on my home stereo just to check it.
g field07edd,

I’m sorry you are experiencing this issue with your vehicle. Are you receiving a “No Aux Input Device Found” message?

There may be an issue with either the cord or the plug itself. Consider having the system inspected by certified technician for additional assistance.

Louis
GM Customer Service

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not getting any message on the radio when I press the srce button or when I plug the aux cord. It just doesn't do anything. I will try to put in a CD tomorrow and see what it does

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just replaced the OE head unit in my 09 cuz the AUX input stopped working. I used to use my Android phone through the AUX plug, but in order to get decent sound, I had to download a "volume boost" app to overdrive the headphone jack's output. And an equalizer app to shape the sound a bit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts