Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Think obx makes one but jw if there are any others out there. Also if I get them custom made will I have to tune it? I drive the 2.4 by the way I realy want headers.

·
Living the MINI life...
98 Posts
Yea, I want headers too. Like really bad.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I have seen this guy on youtube his g6 is the 3.6 but he has headers on his car... Actually i dont even know if this helps but i figured it would be reassuring that headers do exist for a 6..

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol my question really is there a way to custom make headers and have them work without throwing any codes or anything?

·
Breaks Stuff
224 Posts
What would be the point? If you do headers it would need to be retuned anyhow.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what mean whats the point? of headers? y would you not want a nice set of headers.. So ur saying i gotta get it tuned? alright well imma see the cobalts should fit but if not i can probably get some custom made and then go tune it..

·
Registered
638 Posts
what mean whats the point? of headers? y would you not want a nice set of headers.. So ur saying i gotta get it tuned? alright well imma see the cobalts should fit but if not i can probably get some custom made and then go tune it..
of course it will throw codes if its not tuned b/c you wont have a catalytic converter anymore, and if it does come with an aftermarket cat it could still throw a code...........there is are not many mods to do without haveing it tuned especially for the 2.4 cai need a tune headers need a tune cams need a tune.......exhaust doesnt need a tune but could get more out of it with one........

i really fail to understand why you want to do this stuff to a 2.4l unless you turbo or supercharge it you will spend 5k and still not be anywhere close to a stock gt.........youd be better off trading in for a GXP and modding that if you want a G6 at least we have headers, cams, intakes, tunes, exhaust, forged conecting rods intake manifolds and a whole lot more thanks to holdens use/development of the 3.6 in the land down under

·
Registered
638 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok so if i find a header shop near where i live. You think they will be able to custom fabric headers that fit?

·
Active G6er
27 Posts
like sexy said I still don't see the point. You could just as easily trade up to even the 3.5L and go from there. with all the extra mods you could do to the V6's it would just be a waste of time and money to do all that to your car.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts