Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading a lot of the forum's you members have posted, and everyone has helped me a lot. I have the crab's system from 'pooner and i would like to say it is a well built system that does excactly what he says it does. Good job. I am gonna do my exhaust next and have decided to go with the GT-R exhaust mainly because of you people that have said it is a good and well built system, but here is my question. Since i will have the exhaust off should i put in performance headers? I have found one that is on Ebay, but not sure if it is worth it. I dont want my car to sound like truck. the system on ebay is called, OBX Exhaust Race Headers Item number: 150519101929 if anyone can find that, and advise me would be great. Thanks ahead of time and what a great website.
shed1500
go riders!!!

·
Storm Trooper
323 Posts
OBX has received a 50/50 record for buyers having issues. Personally i had the OBX header on the satty and i had no issues. Also with the Saturn tuner community they say that the OBX turbo manifold is a good buy for the money.

As for putting them in the 6Shooter i only know of one person who put them on the LX9 3.5 and it was in a malibu. He had no problems and liked them a lot. Many other members can chime in from past experiences and some ar bad and some are good.

Most important is do you have the LX9 3.5 motor? What year is your car?

Also since you are doing the whole exhaust at one time you might as well gwt the OBX headers, a wideband O2, high flow cats and the GTR. You will be well over 1000 but you get what you pay for.

The GTR system is a well put together system with many many many satisfied customers but i would recommend to throw in a resinator. I personally dont like its sound without it on the LX9. i have heard it in person at about 4 different G6 meets and it is too raspy for my taste. Also driving behind it the drone could potentially drive a sane man crazy, i can only imagine how it sounds in the car at 1900 rpm down the E-Way.

Hope it helps...
Tupp

·
Registered
45 Posts
Porting Manifold

Ok i was thinking about taking my exahust manifold off and taking it to a machine shop and have them port i. Do you think this is a good idea? any feed back would be helpfull

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.