Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i was thinking of getting the zzp headers, but idk how many cats my car has (i have the 08 2.4l) since the headers only have 1 cat and if my car requires 2 to run right wont that set off a cel?

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
You'll still need to run an o2 sensor before and after the cat. Then as mentioned a tune for the PCM to read the info properly and keep the car emission compliant. It will run without a tune but you'll likely get a cel.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So would my car have 1 or 2 cats? Could you replace the cat that comes with the headers replaced with the factory one?

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
I'm pretty sure the cat in the ZZP header is a metal spun cat designed for high-flow applications. Putting an OEM cat in place would just restrict exhaust flow. Also I'm pretty sure one of them is part of the manifold, if you have one.
I have two of them, i'm not sure about an '08.

Just take a look, pop the hood and look behind the motor, If it's like mine with two cats you'll see one still in the engine bay, then look under under the car you'll see the second o2 sensor and then the second cat. then the flex pipe.

If you had just one cat you would see the first o2, cat, second 02 then flex pipe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts