Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Old far...er...tinkerer..
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

I found these headlights for my 2007 G6 on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Headlights-Headlamps-w-Amber-Signal-Left-Right-Pair-Set-for-05-10-Pontiac-G6-/130828048815?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make:Pontiac|Model:G6&hash=item1e75f599af&vxp=mtr

They are 134 dollars for the pair, from AM Autoparts. That seems like a very reasonable price. Does anyone have any experience with these? Are they durable? Did they stay clear for a decent while? I'm not looking for anything special - just durable, OEM-like headlamp housings. Thanks in advance for your comments and/or alternate suggestions.

BTW, what does CTF mean (in the context of headlights)?

Doug

·
Registered
2 Posts
they look good i wouldnt see anything wrong, but headlights will go cloudy on you eventually. but its a good price go for it

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Any aftermarket headlight will start going cloudy and/or start peeling in as early as two years. I advise you to sand the existing coating off of the headlight lenses and get a can of SEM 40903 (if you don't have a professional sprayer) for longer lasting protection.

·
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
...get a can of SEM 40903...
Thanks for the replies!

I have duly ordered a can of SEM 40903. It was 19 bucks on the web with shipping, and ~33 at WalMart! I can only imagine what they'd charge at the parts store.

Doug

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Awesome! Make sure you're liberal with the coats. It'll look a bit hazy when it fully dries, but they'll be shiny as hell once you wetsand and buff.

·
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome! Make sure you're liberal with the coats. It'll look a bit hazy when it fully dries, but they'll be shiny as hell once you wetsand and buff.
Ahh! So I need to sand and polish them _after_ applying the clear coat. I was thinking it'd be the last step.

Should I still sand them prior to clear-coating? What prep do you suggest? TIA.

Doug

1 - 7 of 7 Posts