Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys...i tried the search and found nothing. but anyways, i have a 2008 G6 w/3.5L.
i've noticed since the day that i bought it new that the headlights have had a shaking or shimmy in them when driving at night and going over bumps/rumble strips. does anyone else have this problem??

the dealer said that they have no clue how to stop it and refuse to attempt anything. i've tried putting numerous small rubber washers under the headlight where it meets the bumper to help stop it. it's better than before...but they still shake a decent amount. does anyone know of anyway to help solve this problem???

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i know that the ball-joint thing is broken/cracked on the driver's side, the passenger side is fine.

but even before i took the headlights out(driver side bulb blew) they shook over bumps. any ideas why they did this from the factory? or how to fix it??

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ironic thing happened tonight....the damn driver's side blew out again(second time in almost year). i guess those Osram NightBreakers don't really last that long afterall!
oh well, back to the dealer tomorrow for the basic replacement bulbs.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
eh, it was like $18 for two bulbs...not too bad. i put the replacement in today since i knew i was going to have to drive home from work in the dark, and i have to say there is a definite color/brightness difference between the Nightbreakers and the regular H11 bulb.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.