Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 09 G6 GT. just replaced the drivers side low beam headlight bulb. noticed the bulb socket was a little crispy on one of the terminal sides so i ordered up a new one from Dorman (part #84783) and am going to put in this weekend. also gonna look for the short that caused it to get a little crispy. also noticed inside the lamp assy is a little foggy prolly due to the socket/bulb burning out. anyone know how to get rid of the fog??????????? thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok. looks like i stumped everyone on this one. how about a three wire low beam headlight socket???? the doorman one i bought was only a two wire and the one on the car is a three wire. wtf?????????????? is there a replacement out there somewhere????

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
The H11 harness in the headlight has 3 wires coming out of it, one power wire and 2 grounds. One ground is relayed from the high beams to the low beam in a parallel fashion (circuitry wise) and then the second wire goes from the harness to the plug on the outside of the headlight. Just wire the 3 wires into your new harness like you see in your current setup.

2 grounds (black wires) to one wire and the power wire (colored) to the other wire.

·
Registered
117 Posts
for the fog..

Hairdryer!! ftw, pop off the moisture caps, and blast away.. put the caps back on and viola.. hasta-la-vista moisture!! :)

If fog continues to be an issue, you may have a headlight sealant issue. This was probably caused by your irritation at removing said headlight.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i never had a problem with fog before. it only happened when the low beam bulb burned out from the socket being a little crispy on one of the terminals. it seems when the socket got a little crispy and burned the bulb out it left like a smokey foggy stain of some sort on the inside. when i wired the new socket in i did put a blow dryer to it but it didn't really do anything to the stain or whatever it is

1 - 8 of 8 Posts